Crossland Football Season Cancelled

RPMDAD

belvak

Happy Camper
Many moons ago, I went to Friendly. Crossland was our arch enemy! BUT... Every Saturday after games, those of us from Friendly and those from Crossland all hit the McDonalds on the corner of Temple Hills Rd and Allentown Rd. Did anything ever happen? I'm sure some small stuff, but I NEVER remember big fights or "riots" occurring. Times have surely changed... Que Bob Dylan...

Pete

Repete
Football is emotionally charged and a violent sport albeit controlled and governed by rules and sportsmanship. That said a football game is not an excuse for brazen thuggery. I think this will be a lesson they will remember for a long time.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I predict the Chopticon and Leonardtown seasons will be x'd on November 6th! :killingme

:lol:

Wow. Probably not big news to most people on here but i graduated from Potomac in 1970, back in the unpolitically correct days and the team was called the Potomac Braves. Had a lot of friends that went to Crossland and never had any really big problems at the games. In the meantime though the neighborhoods and demographics of the area have changed dramatically.

They changed their mascot at least 5 years ago, but Chopticon played there the last two years and the stuff around the goal posts and the scoreboard still says Braves.

Imagine the confusion and :lol: that the Chopticon Braves went into at that field. :whoshouse?ourhouse!ohnotreally...: