Crown pools falling apart

nh3mike

Anyone have problems with there swimming pools falling apart yet? I bought a 13,500 dollar extruded aluminum pool with a 30 year warranty . It lasted 8 years then the wall ,a major coponent fell apart and was charged another 3,000 dollars to have it repaired.

belvak

Happy Camper
If it was still under warranty, wouldn't that have been a covered repair? I could see charging a nominal fee for a liner, but the wall of the pool?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
AHH yes.. the conundrum of the >$10,000 above ground pools.. Lots of good stories out there on the internet if you search for them

Though I know on the Kayak my house in PA came with, the wall was an EASY repair.. no way should have cost $3,000.. You got raped twice.,

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Someone posted on here about how do owners like them. Maybe you should tag them and let them know about your experiences.

drewski

Hey Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your problem. But I can't say I've experienced any problems with my Crown Pool. My parents bought one of the aluminum pools from Crown about 9 years ago and they've gotten tons of use out of it with out ever having any problems. So 4 years ago I decided to also buy a pool from them, and I can say it was the best decision I ever made. I used to have one of those cheap tub pools and I can't begin to tell you how much money I had to keep putting into it. Plus the headaches that came along with it. But since I purchased my Crown Pool, I can honestly say I haven't had to put any money into it other then the standard chemicals. I love it because I work alot and don't have much time to be dealing with maintance. And so far so good because my kids practicaly live in the thing and I don't know what I would do with out it.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Hey Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your problem. But I can't say I've experienced any problems with my Crown Pool. My parents bought one of the aluminum pools from Crown about 9 years ago and they've gotten tons of use out of it with out ever having any problems. So 4 years ago I decided to also buy a pool from them, and I can say it was the best decision I ever made. I used to have one of those cheap tub pools and I can't begin to tell you how much money I had to keep putting into it. Plus the headaches that came along with it. But since I purchased my Crown Pool, I can honestly say I haven't had to put any money into it other then the standard chemicals. I love it because I work alot and don't have much time to be dealing with maintance. And so far so good because my kids practicaly live in the thing and I don't know what I would do with out it.
You work for Crown don't you? :eyebrow:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Crown Pools, Inc. User Reviews - Baltimore, MD 21206 - Citysearch

You might want to post a reply to this complaint too..

onebdzee

off the shelf
What the heck happened to the part about "30 year warranty"?

maybe it was the same warranty that I got with the pump on my pool....where you have to disassemble it, pack it in the original container and ship it back to the company for them to fix....all the while the pool is turning a weird shade of green :ohwell: