Crows mobbing hawk

luvscats

I saw a group of about 8 crows mobbing a hawk this morning. They were really dive bombing the hawk. Hawk lit in top of a tall tree and just sat there while the crows cussed and carried on. After a few mins the crows flew off and hawk still just sat. They were too far away for me to get a good pic tho.

I see a hawk just about every day and hear a barred owl at night. Actually two barred owls. They call to each other. Fascinating.

W

wkndbeacher

I saw a group of about 8 crows mobbing a hawk this morning. They were really dive bombing the hawk. Hawk lit in top of a tall tree and just sat there while the crows cussed and carried on. After a few mins the crows flew off and hawk still just sat. They were too far away for me to get a good pic tho.

I see a hawk just about every day and hear a barred owl at night. Actually two barred owls. They call to each other. Fascinating.

WHO?

Rael

Supper's Ready

I've seen smaller birds mobbing the hawk, too. Seems like a turf thing, especially during nesting season. When they get close, the hawk turns and shows the talons. That usually puts a little more distance between the mobbers and the hawk!