Cruise from Hell

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I feel like this is their own damn fault for doing international travel during rona hysteria.

HemiHauler

Bull crap. This is the couple’s fault 100%. They didn’t read the contract of carriage, despite their protestation to the contrary. This has nothing to do with COVID. The bit I’ve pulled from the public website as you’ll note is dated 2015 and is standard language on all contracts of carriage. This is pre-COVID.

I have no sympathy for people who sign a contract without reading it and then play the victim when an obscure provision is enforced they find distasteful. You quickly find out they did not in fact read that contract.

Sorry for their luck, but this is 100% legal. In fact, they agreed to it. At least they had a balcony. They could have been stuck in one of those god-awful internal rooms without a view.

“(b) Carrier’s Right to Confine, or Refuse or Revoke Passage: The Guest recognizes and agrees that the Carrier reserves the right, without incurring liability of any kind, to refuse or revoke passage to, or confine to a stateroom, any Guest who, in the sole ju dgment of the Carrier or vessel’s medical personnel, may be refused admission into a port of landing or into the country of destination, or may be suffering from a contagious disease, or for any other ca use may endanger themselves or others, or become obnoxious to others. “

Dated November 2015.

phreddyp

I feel like this is their own damn fault for doing international travel during rona hysteria.
Traveling is not the problem , take it from one who went to Mexico five times last year, went to OBX two times and many assorted side trips. The problem is all the PU**IES that are afraid to go! The last trip to Cabo was hilarious watching the fools double masked with face shields trying to order drinks at the resort bars or sitting is a lounge chair on the beach wearing the same garb. Trust me these were not isolated sightings at the resort they were commonplace. If you went into town very very few were masked only in the mall did you see them, it was great watching these fools. So many have consumed the CDC's Kool aid. The only ones that I feel sorry for are the kids of these morons ! Mexico has got it right, not bad for a population which most disparage on this forum.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
one of those god-awful internal rooms without a view.

Floating coffin. :shudder:

I do have some sympathy for these folks because paying all that money to be confined to your cabin would be anger making. But honestly, there's so much that can go wrong these days I personally wouldn't have taken that chance.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Another reason I will not take a cruise during this hysteria - too many unknowns that I can't control.

Monello was supposed to fly to Italy last week and circumstances caused him to cancel, and I think that was karma going, "You pick up your dog's poop and in general are a stand up guy - I'ma help you dodge a bullet."

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
As much as I despise driving I95 to Florida, I am thinking about driving down there in the next couple of weeks for a getaway - I don't want to deal with the airlines right now with masks/vax/cancellations/karens! My hat's off to those that that bow to the "man" and agree/put up with all this BS to travel now. Travel is supposed to be about enjoying yourself and partaking in fun - just too stressful right now IMO. Where do you have to show the mark-of-the-devil card, where to mask, where to distance, is that karen standing next to you, can I sit in this restaurant or is it take-away only, etc. Nope not for me!

Reactions: BOP
As much as I despise driving I95 to Florida, I am thinking about driving down there in the next couple of weeks for a getaway - I don't want to deal with the airlines right now with masks/vax/cancellations/karens! My hat's off to those that that bow to the "man" and agree/put up with all this BS to travel now. Travel is supposed to be about enjoying yourself and partaking in fun - just too stressful right now IMO. Where do you have to show the mark-of-the-devil card, where to mask, where to distance, is that karen standing next to you, can I sit in this restaurant or is it take-away only, etc. Nope not for me!
We made the drive the end of last March for a 7-day retreat in Orlando area. It was a really nice break from the militant Maryland environment. We found it worth the drive where we had our own freedom of when/where to stop along the way.

Reactions: TPD

HemiHauler

I’ve taken at least a dozen flights throughout the US with but one flight cancellation. Other than that, zero problems. I haven’t seen any of the anger at TSA, airport staff, or flight crew we seem to hear about. Much of what you read is highly exaggerated and unnecessarily amplified.

I will be vaxxed up soon enough and will be flying to Europe in June.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I’ve taken at least a dozen flights throughout the US with but one flight cancellation. Other than that, zero problems. I haven’t seen any of the anger at TSA, airport staff, or flight crew we seem to hear about. Much of what you read is highly exaggerated and unnecessarily amplified.

Right, because all those videos of people freaking out in airports and on planes is just made up. All those flight cancellation annoucements from the airlines are just April Fools jokes.

You say stupid chit just to get attention.

HemiHauler

Right, because all those videos of people freaking out in airports and on planes is just made up. All those flight cancellation annoucements from the airlines are just April Fools jokes.

I didn’t say they don’t happen. I said I hadn’t seen any incidents of any of it. I said I had a single flight cancellation. This stuff happened pre COVID too - I can count on one hand the number of Karens I have seen Karening out on someone, either in flight or in a terminal. in many years of Delta Diamond flyer status.

I know people who will never check luggage because it gets lost. Guess what else I’ve never experienced? Yep, never had my luggage lost.

It’s a well-known phenomenon that people focus on a negative news story much more so than non-negative news. That’s precisely what’s happening here.

Set emotion aside and look at established facts.

ontheriver

I didn’t say they don’t happen. I said I hadn’t seen any incidents of any of it. I said I had a single flight cancellation. This stuff happened pre COVID too - I can count on one hand the number of Karens I have seen Karening out on someone, either in flight or in a terminal. in many years of Delta Diamond flyer status.

I know people who will never check luggage because it gets lost. Guess what else I’ve never experienced? Yep, never had my luggage lost.

It’s a well-known phenomenon that people focus on a negative news story much more so than non-negative news. That’s precisely what’s happening here.

Set emotion aside and look at established facts.
Yeah. You're all about facts...

BOP

It's so bad, that....