Cruise Missles Launched Against Syria

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, that's embarrassing...

Well, to be fair, we have only the Russians word on that ratio. And it's not like they are unbiased. Read a piece the other day in Sputnik about the Norwegians buying the "notorious" P-8 Poseidon. Not sure how an aircraft that has never fired a shot in anger can be "notorious"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Then you read to much into it... I don't. Like I said before, I don't want to be the worlds cop, nor do I give a rats ass about them killing each other.

So, would you be open to suggestions it's NOT in our national interest to be there and especially not to be killing?

Hijinx

So, would you be open to suggestions it's NOT in our national interest to be there and especially not to be killing?

Like the man said. Fighting and gas attacks give us moire refugees.
Now since half the people in this country want to accept anything or anyone who claims to be a refugee isn't it in our national interest not to have refugees running all over like ants on honey? Well that's not the real answer anyway. The real answer to Larry is the argument. He lives for it.
If trump had done nothing Larry would be arguing for bombing them.
Well probably not unless they were gassing Frederick.

No President in living history has ever suited Larry.None of them were worth a sh1t.
But the argument, the cynicism, the vitriol. THAT is the point.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
FB_IMG_1491594493413.jpg

littlelady

God bless the USA
Go, Trump! Think about the 'yuge' lapse of time before anything was done about Hitler gassing Jews, and other ethnic groups. No, I don't want WWIII, but this crap cannot happen without intervention. As usual, America to the rescue (except for the last 8 years). It is what we do. Go America, and go Trump! Also, I feel that the many US military lives lost in the last 8 years, and beyond, are being given purpose for their selfless, heroic, and brave commitment. :patriot:

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I would suggest a change in leadership is likely a big reason for a different answer to "can we help them yet?" I would further suggest that, while dead is dead, the world recoils at the thought of chemical weapons while not so much at conventional bombs and bullets. In 2012, the murder rate in just the city of Chicago was LARGER than the loss of American lives in Afghanistan; what did we do about that? Nothing, no one seems to care. If one, just one, of those murders had been with mustard gas or something like that, we'd freak out. How many American lives were lost due to ricin? How about ebola? Zika? But, we were sure freaked out about all of that.

I think you're right and I do applaud Trump acting and not having some feckless red line in the sand. There is value in that sort of decisiveness. But then that begs the question, was it decisive or just a reactionary action? The whole things has a 'too clever by half' feel to it. Recall the ready made videos of, say, the execution of the woman at the soccer field in A'stan, revealed at just the right moment, to help push that agenda. This gas vid has that feel to it, that we're being fed a narrative and that was awfully decisive in terms of speed. We really know all the facts THAT quick, that it was NOT a false flag deal? Trump has the same problem Bill Clinton did; trust.

This_person

I think you're right and I do applaud Trump acting and not having some feckless red line in the sand. There is value in that sort of decisiveness. But then that begs the question, was it decisive or just a reactionary action? The whole things has a 'too clever by half' feel to it. Recall the ready made videos of, say, the execution of the woman at the soccer field in A'stan, revealed at just the right moment, to help push that agenda. This gas vid has that feel to it, that we're being fed a narrative and that was awfully decisive in terms of speed. We really know all the facts THAT quick, that it was NOT a false flag deal? Trump has the same problem Bill Clinton did; trust.

Very fair thoughts and questions. Only time will really tell.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Very fair thoughts and questions. Only time will really tell.

:buddies:

Time never told about the details of the IWR era and that sort of war promotion via the media. And it never told in terms of the domestic anthrax deal. Time never told in how the obvious happened; the 18 months we spent building up to invade Iraq and where Saddam shipped all his stuff to, whatever he had left to hide. It never told in A'stan as to why we, basically, let bin Laden go at Tora Bora and what on earth the real point of our war on the Taliban was or is. We have no accounting over Hillary's Libya war nor any accounting, so far, over how our war on ISIS has amounted to a war in support of Assad and Russia and Iran as much as anything else.

It would be nice if time told but it only tells some and usually only the accepted narrative. :buddies:

SoMDGirl42

If I may ...

Most likely these cruise missiles were coming up on their expiration date and had to be used or placed in the discount bin. Time to place a new order.

Most likely the total opposite! If you had a brand new car in your yard, and a car that was about to die, and you had to pick one to use for an emergency, which one are you going for? Not saying it's true, not saying it's right, just saying history repeats itself. And that is usually how things in the government work.

glhs837

Power with Control
Most likely the total opposite! If you had a brand new car in your yard, and a car that was about to die, and you had to pick one to use for an emergency, which one are you going for? Not saying it's true, not saying it's right, just saying history repeats itself. And that is usually how things in the government work.

You use whats in the launcher. These missiles would have been loaded a while back. And generally you do keep your oldest stock forward so that's what gets used, just like supermarkets.

SoMDGirl42

You use whats in the launcher. These missiles would have been loaded a while back. And generally you do keep your oldest stock forward so that's what gets used, just like supermarkets.

We'll agree to disagree.

and they aren't stored in the launcher