Crusher

jg21

Damn. That loss right there could affect the Caps next game too. What a crushing loss. 6.6 seconds from a 3-2 series lead. So pissed right now.

BuddyLee

Football addict
If the 3 OT loss didn't crush them, this won't either. They've endured through quite a lot this season. A LOT!

They're down (again) but not out.

jg21

Man, I hope not. At the end of regulation I told my wife the Caps were going to lose early. It had to be so demoralizing to go to OT, and the Rangers had to be so up. Gotta get it back Wednesday.

cricketmd

Man, I hope not. At the end of regulation I told my wife the Caps were going to lose early. It had to be so demoralizing to go to OT, and the Rangers had to be so up. Gotta get it back Wednesday.

I was thinking same thing, with only 6 seconds left that isnt a momentum shifter its a HUGE momentum shifter. Go Caps!!

OldHillcrestGuy

Unfortunate for Caps that Joel Ward lost his cool with less then a minute to go, it looked like he may have been slashed by the way he was holding his arm going to the penalty box, if he was at that time of the game you have to suck it up. Six seconds away from winning and taking a 3-2 lead, then to have what happened, its got to be crushing feeling thats going to be really hard to get over.

Ward went from hero in the Boston series, to the goat of this series.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I was thinking same thing, with only 6 seconds left that isnt a momentum shifter its a HUGE momentum shifter. Go Caps!!
Momentum doesn't last long in hockey and especially in the playoffs. Neither team has won back-to-back games. After the three OT loss the Caps played perhaps their best game of the series.

They're professionals and will win game 6. There is no "If", they will.

Game 7 is anyone's game, however.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Momentum doesn't last long in hockey and especially in the playoffs. Neither team has won back-to-back games. After the three OT loss the Caps played perhaps their best game of the series.

They're professionals and will win game 6. There is no "If", they will.

Game 7 is anyone's game, however.

I agree.
I think the Caps will come back strong and win another close one in game 6. Wouldn't be surprised if Ward bounces back and has a great game.

One thing is for sure, the Rangers/Caps really know how to put on a great show. Every game has been edge-of-your-seat, watch-every-play entertainment. Great for Hockey, great for fans!