Crying eyes

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I have a five month old mini pintaloosa filly who's eyes keep leaking. I've been giving her small doses of super vitimans each feeding for about a month now to see if it may be a vitiman A deficiency that is causing this problem. They have slowed a little but are still leaking. Any one have any ideas what else I can try to dry up her little eyes?

Cowgirl

I have a five month old mini pintaloosa filly who's eyes keep leaking. I've been giving her small doses of super vitimans each feeding for about a month now to see if it may be a vitiman A deficiency that is causing this problem. They have slowed a little but are still leaking. Any one have any ideas what else I can try to dry up her little eyes?

Is she in a dusty area?

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
No dustier than any stall with sawdust and the same as the other five stalls and no one else's eyes weep like hers.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Maybe I have the same condition! My eyes keep leaking too. I can't see outside because my eyes get so watery. I just figured my eyes hate this cold weather.:lmao:

natbugs

if the discharge has a tint of yellow or is thicker than just water you can try terimacin(neomiacin),great for conguctivitis(sp??) you can buy a tube at tractor supply...it is a safe ointment for eyes....be sure there is no hydrocortizone in any eye ointment in case of a scratch or ulcer.I would think if it is both eyes it may not be a tear duct....

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm

This happend with my mare and the dr flushed out her tear ducts and said feed her on the ground so no hay would get in her eyes she did not seem to have any problems after that.. you might want to check into it..