CSM CSM Kicks Off Faculty Excellence Lecture Series ‘Provocations’ Oct. 10 With ‘Effects of Attitudinal Barriers Across the World and the Effects of Inclu

The College of Southern Maryland (CSM) kicks off its 2019-2020 Faculty Excellence Lecture Series “Provocations” Oct. 10 in La Plata with a presentation on the “Effects of Attitudinal Barriers Across the World and the Effects of Inclusion for People with Disabilities.” This presentation will be led by CSM Assistant Professor of Psychology Dr. Rupa Chandrashekar, who joined CSM’s faculty over the summer.

“I love to travel and have been to more than 70 countries,” shared Chandrashekar. “For me, not only is traveling my hobby, but I use these experiences to bring out awareness and changes in attitudes toward disability in different cultures.”

The CSM Faculty Excellence Lecture Series will begin at 7 p.m. in the Learning Resource Center (LR Building), Room 102, of the La Plata Campus located at 8730 Mitchell Road in La Plata.

The lecture series was established to highlight and share the scholarly work and interests of CSM’s faculty with colleagues, students and community members. The lectures are free, but tickets are required and can be obtained at the CSM Box Office at bxoffc@csmd.edu. For more on the series, call 301-934-7578, e-mail Stephen Johnson at ssjohnson2@csmd.edu.

Calendar:

CSM Provocations Faculty Excellence Lecture Series: Disabilities. 7 p.m., Oct. 10. College of Southern Maryland (CSM), La Plata Campus, Learning Resource Center (LR Building), Room 102, 8730 Mitchell Road, La Plata. CSM Assistant Professor of Psychology Dr. Rupa Chandrashekar will present “Effects of Attitudinal Barriers Across the World and the Effects of Inclusion for People with Disabilities.” The Provocations Series features CSM faculty in presentations that provoke thought and ideas. Future speakers will present in November, March and April. Free. For more on the series, call 301-934-7578 or email Stephen Johnson at ssjohnson2@csmd.edu.