CSM Online class

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Son is taking an online class this semester. Over the weekend, he took a test and was told to submit his notes. Problem is that he needed those notes in order to complete a paper. Is this normal for an online class? Having to give your notes? How are students supposed to study for Finals if all their notes are gone??

Son is taking an online class this semester. Over the weekend, he took a test and was told to submit his notes. Problem is that he needed those notes in order to complete a paper. Is this normal for an online class? Having to give your notes? How are students supposed to study for Finals if all their notes are gone??
By "submit", did they mean to scan them in and hit "submit" so the scanned documents become an attachment or is the instruction to physically hand them to someone?

Chris0nllyn

He only needs to scan his notes. Not send in the originals. This is normal for online courses.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
By "submit", did they mean to scan them in and hit "submit" so the scanned documents become an attachment or is the instruction to physically hand them to someone?
By the way he was freaking out, it sounded like they were gone. Not really sure what happened.

Yossarian

I have taken about 60 credits worth of online classes and have never been asked to "submit notes", although I have had to do things like upload a photo of an experiment set-up for lab classes. However, I suppose I could see something like this being required by an instructor although I have never seen it happen. I also haven't taken a course through CSM so I can't speak to how they do things. In terms of having to physically submit them for an online course, that sounds pretty strange - could be some confusion on his part?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I have taken about 60 credits worth of online classes and have never been asked to "submit notes", although I have had to do things like upload a photo of an experiment set-up for lab classes. However, I suppose I could see something like this being required by an instructor although I have never seen it happen. I also haven't taken a course through CSM so I can't speak to how they do things. In terms of having to physically submit them for an online course, that sounds pretty strange - could be some confusion on his part?
Probably but he says there is "nobody" to ask. Not sure how his online class works but there has to be somebody he can talk to about it.

Chris0nllyn

Probably but he says there is "nobody" to ask. Not sure how his online class works but there has to be somebody he can talk to about it.

Online courses have instructor(s). Their email is in the syllabus.

There's also a page for the course that has a chat/forum that allows him to post a question and anyone else in the course can answer.

There certainly is someone to talk to.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Online courses have instructor(s). Their email is in the syllabus.

There's also a page for the course that has a chat/forum that allows him to post a question and anyone else in the course can answer.

There certainly is someone to talk to.
Ok. I will let him know.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Good luck. Online courses can be tricky but it'll work out. Instructors recognize the environment is a bit different than a traditional classroom and have always been accommodating when I had issues.
This is his first time taking an online course so he doesn't really know what is right/wrong.

nobody really

I need a nap
a friend's kid had the same issues, and the instructor was pretty understanding when she had issues with the on line class.

good luck!