Cue Snowflake Freakout in 3…2…

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Have you seen the comments about “cancel culture”? There have been tons of posts on here, folks basically in tears because some site blocked a post, put them in fb “jail”, banned them from Twitter, the list goes on and on!

Nobody does that - it's just you projecting. Literally everyone I know brags about their FB jail time and mocks social media for doing it. Because you cry, you think everyone else does it too.

Loser.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If anything, it reaffirms to us how fragile and stupid the left is, that Facebook puts you in FB jail for a post that simply says “God Bless America”.

Exactly. FB and Twitter get tweaked and sit people out for the stupidest things, and WE'RE the snowflakes?

:roflmao:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Nobody does that - it's just you projecting. Literally everyone I know brags about their FB jail time and mocks social media for doing it. Because you cry, you think everyone else does it too.

Loser.
:yay:

B9E0D78C-E954-43F1-A45D-0DF83220910F.jpeg

WingsOfGold

Didn't Subway shitcan Megan Rapinoe after a disastrous PR abortion? I haven't been there since she was their poster child, phuck em.

herb749

Didn't Subway shitcan Megan Rapinoe after a disastrous PR abortion? I haven't been there since she was their poster child, phuck em.

If they wanted her to help sell sandwiches they should have included in the contract, keep your yap shut.

Toxick

Splat
I was trying to figure why someone would call conservatives "snowflakes".

I was going to say that it's a lack of originality, but I think it goes way deeper down the rabbit hole than that.

The word "snowflake" (contrary to what 99% of the people who use the term believe) came from the assertion that younger generations are populated entirely by delicate little wank-holes thanks to participation trophies and the disproportional emphasis on self-esteem foisted upon them. This gives them each and all the sense that they are a unique and beautiful snowflake.

“You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”

― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

The original targets of this term, seem to think that it means "easily offended"**, not seeming to realize this is only a very small subset of the meaning. So they feel justified in their self-satisfying "turning of the tables" when, say, a conservative or "a boomer" expresses concern, irritation or dislike of an idea - because "AHA! Who's the snowflake now"

I can't help but roll my eyes at how embarrassed they should be - if they could even fathom how ****ing stupid that sounds.

** or more accurately, simply "capable of being offended"

Bluecrqbe

I was going to say that it's a lack of originality, but I think it goes way deeper down the rabbit hole than that.

The word "snowflake" (contrary to what 99% of the people who use the term believe) came from the assertion that younger generations are populated entirely by delicate little wank-holes thanks to participation trophies and the disproportional emphasis on self-esteem foisted upon them. This gives them each and all the sense that they are a unique and beautiful snowflake.

The original targets of this term, seem to think that it means "easily offended"**, not seeming to realize this is only a very small subset of the meaning. So they feel justified in their self-satisfying "turning of the tables" when, say, a conservative or "a boomer" expresses concern, irritation or dislike of an idea - because "AHA! Who's the snowflake now"

I can't help but roll my eyes at how embarrassed they should be - if they could even fathom how ****ing stupid that sounds.

** or more accurately, simply "capable of being offended"
Or possibly the fact that the boomer generation handed out those trophies, which evidently weakened gen X, millennials, Gen Z, and the upcoming Generation Alpha.

Who would have thought such a small plastic figurine would cause so much irreparable harm.

Toxick

Splat
Or possibly the fact that the boomer generation handed out those trophies, which evidently weakened gen X, millennials, Gen Z, and the upcoming Generation Alpha.

Who would have thought such a small plastic figurine would cause so much irreparable harm.

Who's to blame was quite outside of the scope of the point I was trying to make, but thanks for checking in :yay:

Bluecrqbe

Who's to blame was quite outside of the scope of the point I was trying to make, but thanks for checking in :yay:
I always come back to the root of the problem, it’s the boomers.

They were raised in a generation of immense excess brought on by the post war recovery. The European industrial centers were devastated so anyone with a pulse over here could get a union factory job, make a killer salary, and then decide that is how it should always be. When the rest of the world recovered and the masses here realized that bounce was an anomaly, some retrained, got a useful education, but many became resentful, turned to alcohol, chose divorce, blamed everyone but the person in the mirror.

The blame is ongoing, 80% of the threads on here are folks blaming someone else for the state of the country and the situation of their own life…when the answer is so much easier, but impossible to admit.

Toxick

Splat
I always come back to the root of the problem, it’s the boomers.

Right.

And when the boomers were smoking weed at Woodstock and ****ing everything with a heartbeat, they blamed their parents for all the wars and it was the previous generations who kept everyone from just being groovy man.

They were raised in a generation of immense excess brought on by the post war recovery. The European industrial centers were devastated so anyone with a pulse over here could get a union factory job, make a killer salary, and then decide that is how it should always be. When the rest of the world recovered and the masses here realized that bounce was an anomaly, some retrained, got a useful education, but many became resentful, turned to alcohol, chose divorce, blamed everyone but the person in the mirror.

Thanks for the history lesson.

Believe me, I harbor more spite at the baby boomer generation than you do.

But around age ... l dunno ... 25 or so, I decided to deal with the world as it is, rather than wishing it was what it could've been. That's right around the time I realized that literally every single generation blames the previous generation for its own troubles, and every single generation dreads the future because the next generation sucks so bad.

****ing Babylonians probably bitched about their parents and their children, thinking that THEIR generation COULD have saved the universe, if only they had gotten the opportunity.

WAH.

The blame is ongoing, 80% of the threads on here are folks blaming someone else for the state of the country and the situation of their own life…when the answer is so much easier, but impossible to admit.

Blame is pointless.

Bluecrqbe

Right.

And when the boomers were smoking weed at Woodstock and ****ing everything with a heartbeat, they blamed their parents for all the wars and it was the previous generations who kept everyone from just being groovy man.

Thanks for the history lesson.

Believe me, I harbor more spite at the baby boomer generation than you do.

But around age ... l dunno ... 25 or so, I decided to deal with the world as it is, rather than wishing it was what it could've been. That's right around the time I realized that literally every single generation blames the previous generation for its own troubles, and every single generation dreads the future because the next generation sucks so bad.

****ing Babylonians probably bitched about their parents and their children, thinking that THEIR generation COULD have saved the universe, if only they had gotten the opportunity.

WAH.

Blame is pointless.
I’d like to believe you, but why bring up participation trophies? Why worry about how I use “snowflake”?

It’s all so dumb, so much on here is so dumb. We’ve got folks being blown to pieces at parades and there are 10 threads on here about a drag queen at a library. There is a segment of the population that is so out of touch it’s unbelievable.
I thought they were addicted to outrage, then I thought it was addicted to firearms, but now I’m not sure. There has to be a common ground, I hope they found what happened at that parade as awful as I found it, maybe that’s a common ground.

SamSpade

. That's right around the time I realized that literally every single generation blames the previous generation for its own troubles, and every single generation dreads the future because the next generation sucks so bad.
“Every generation
Blames the one before
And all its frustrations
Come beating at your door “.

Toxick

Splat
I’d like to believe you,

🤷

but why bring up participation trophies?

If you read my little spiel without a preconceived idea of what you think I'm saying, you may know the answer to this already.

Why worry about how I use “snowflake”?

I'm not worried about you any way. I didn't say anything to or about you in my original message.

It’s all so dumb, so much on here is so dumb.

And yet you continue to subject yourself to something you clearly despise.

Usually, when I find my scrotum being swollen and irritated by the incessant bees in the honeycomb that I am tea-bagging, instead of bitching about the bees, I simply remove my balls from the honeycomb.

But, hey, that's just me.

We’ve got folks being blown to pieces at parades and there are 10 threads on here about a drag queen at a library.

I must have missed all 10 threads about that.

There is a segment of the population that is so out of touch it’s unbelievable.

I couldn't agree with this statement more.