Cuomo - NY First For Vaccine

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Cuomo Asks Pfizer to Sell Vaccine Doses Directly to New York

Cuomo’s “New York will get theirs before you get yours” attitude fell a little flat with the Biden administration. Biden COVID advisory board member Celine Gounder nixed the proposal immediately.

“I think Governor Cuomo, himself, had said back in the spring that the situation around ventilators was essentially ‘one big Ebay’ with all of the states bidding against one another for ventilators, and I think this kind of an approach to vaccine allocation is going to result, frankly, in the same kind of situation that he, himself, was criticizing last spring,” Gounder said.

Cuomo’s hysterical demand for 30,000 ventilators last spring when he needed about 7,000 showed the governor to be a panicky partisan. Vaccine distribution is turning into the same game. California has 2 million doses in deep-freeze and complains they don’t have enough vaccine.

Reuters:
“With hospitalizations and deaths increasing across the country this winter, we are in a footrace with the virus, and we will lose unless we dramatically increase the number of doses getting to New Yorkers”, Cuomo said in a letter to Pfizer’s CEO.
“After myself and seven other governors called on the Trump Administration to release more doses, HHS Secretary Alex Azar said that relief was on the way. To date, however, the federal government has not acted on that promise,” Cuomo wrote.
Cuomo said he was appealing to Pfizer directly as the company was “not bound by commitments” that Moderna Inc made as part of Operation Warp Speed, the U.S. government’s program to distribute COVID-19 vaccines.

Hijinx

I guess Cuomo and Biden think these people who make the Vaccine can just sht it out..
They can't issue it if they don't have it.