Curious

mingiz

Horse Poor
How many of you are charged a barn fee by your farrier? Also how many are charged to have your shoes pulled even though the farrier put them on?:popcorn:

devinej

i'm guessing barn fee is like vet's farm call fee? have not seen that per se but wouldn't be surprised.

i've had farriers not charge for pulling shoes, unless their only reason for coming out to the farm was to pull the shoes. then they charged something for it.

but hard times call for putting prices on things that used to be just part of the deal :(

mingiz

Horse Poor
Well I can see a barn fee, but charging to pull shoes that they put on I don't and also charges full fee to reset shoes even if you have already paid for the shoes. Yes if it was a special trip or reason Yes I would be willling to pay a fee.

Cowboy-Up

Well I can see a barn fee, but charging to pull shoes that they put on I don't and also charges full fee to reset shoes even if you have already paid for the shoes. Yes if it was a special trip or reason Yes I would be willling to pay a fee.

I see a reset most of the time as the same price as new shoes. Pulling of old shoes and trimming should be the same price as a trim. I myself have never called anyone out to pull a shoe. I undersand that things are rough all over , but I have never hear of a shoer changing a farm call.

Wait4It..boom

Haven't been charged a farm call. Think I'd rather they just go up slightly in the price of shoeing (mental thing I suppose). I would also expect that if you set up your next visit before they left, it was a regular visit. I could understand a farm call in an emergency situation where they need to squeeze you in.

Charge to pull shoes too? Um... You clearly have to take the old shoes off before you can put the new ones on! I did get charged to get my new guy's shoes pulled, but that was because I specifically had him come out to take them off (not put them back on) and just lightly trim.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I have a farm fee of $25 but my farrier comes from NC so $25 is cheap to me! But a fee for pulling shoes I haven't heard of. Like others had said if it were a special trip. As for reusing shoes that aren't worn down.. I normally have a reduced price or something