curly hair

sweetprincess23

I have wavy hair and can't seem to find a good product for straighting my hair. If I straighten my hair it looks good until I walk outside. I really don't want to buy a $30 bottle of serum, looking for something under $10. If I had pretty curls I would just let it be but I don't. Also, I have alot of hair but it is thin so it gets greasy easily if I use to much product.
Any suggestions on products to straighten hair? or any good products to make my wavy semi-curly hair a pretty curl without looking crunchy.

ocean733

I feel for you. I have naturally poker-straight hair, but as I got older the underneath hair that is toward the scalp is slightly wavy.

I was told to get a professional (expensive) flat-iron. Apparently, there is a significant difference between the cheap ones and a good one.

Don't waste your money on something cheap that doesn't work.

sweetprincess23

I feel for you. I have naturally poker-straight hair, but as I got older the underneath hair that is toward the scalp is slightly wavy.

I was told to get a professional (expensive) flat-iron. Apparently, there is a significant difference between the cheap ones and a good one.

Don't waste your money on something cheap that doesn't work.

My best friend has a Chi ($150) it does work great. I have a cheap revlon, in the end they both straighten pretty good. My real problem is once I am out my hair tends to get frizzy and starts getting wavy again. I didn't know if there was a hair product that keeps it straight longer.

sweetprincess23

Get an Instyler. You can check it out at getinstyler.com and see the video reviews on youtube.

Has anyone tried it? I have seen it before but the infomercials are so cheesy I can't beleive them sometimes. Will it help keep my hair from getting poofy.
I have considered extensions but with my length it will be out of my price range.

Pandora

Has anyone tried it? I have seen it before but the infomercials are so cheesy I can't beleive them sometimes. Will it help keep my hair from getting poofy.
I have considered extensions but with my length it will be out of my price range.

Yes it works, does a real nice job! My son and a daughter of a friend of mine own one and it does do what the cheesy infomercials say.

tuffenuff2

Sraightening hair

I have wavy hair also and use the Garnier Fructis sleek and shine line of prouducts. Before I flat iron my hair I put a little of the ant-frizz serum on my hair and a little after. Don't use too much or your hair will look oily. I also use The Angelique flat-iron, from one of those little kiosks in the mall. It was a little expensive, 150, but it's amazing. Also came with a small bottle of serum.My hair lasts all day, even when it's humid outside.
Good luck.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I like my wavy hair and I wouldn't get it straighten out. :shrug:

Hope you can find a product or something to straight your hair that you wanted.

snuzzy

I use the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine as well. I got a Curl Master Ceramics flat iron, Walmart special...not sure how much I paid, but I never pay much, so I suspect @15. My hair is thick and wavy and these two products handle it fine.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I have wavy hair and can't seem to find a good product for straighting my hair. If I straighten my hair it looks good until I walk outside. I really don't want to buy a $30 bottle of serum, looking for something under $10. If I had pretty curls I would just let it be but I don't. Also, I have alot of hair but it is thin so it gets greasy easily if I use to much product.
Any suggestions on products to straighten hair? or any good products to make my wavy semi-curly hair a pretty curl without looking crunchy.

:huggy:

I hear ya sister....

I have given up and refuse to buy a flat iron, refuse to spend more than 5 minutes on my hair.... I don't even blow dry it. I just let it curl naturally. The ONLY time my hair is straight is when I get a cut, if it isn't raining or humid that day I will have her blow it out and flat iron it.

I use Aubrey Organics B12 hair gel and a few drops of Burt's Bees Repair Serum, just on the ends and then upside down, and scrunch. You can also use a few drops of almond or olive oil just the same.

I also don't use harsh chemicals, strong detergents or synthetics on my hair. Doing so would strip my hair of natural oils that make the curl buoyant, leaving it flat, lifeless and unhealthy looking.

sweetprincess23

:huggy:

I hear ya sister....

I have given up and refuse to buy a flat iron, refuse to spend more than 5 minutes on my hair.... I don't even blow dry it. I just let it curl naturally. The ONLY time my hair is straight is when I get a cut, if it isn't raining or humid that day I will have her blow it out and flat iron it.

I use Aubrey Organics B12 hair gel and a few drops of Burt's Bees Repair Serum, just on the ends and then upside down, and scrunch. You can also use a few drops of almond or olive oil just the same.

I also don't use harsh chemicals, strong detergents or synthetics on my hair. Doing so would strip my hair of natural oils that make the curl buoyant, leaving it flat, lifeless and unhealthy looking.

I really don't straighten my hair too often, mainly because I like my sleep in the morning and would prefer an extra 15 mintues of sleep than waking up an hour early to dry and straighten my hair. I think my curls might be more buoyant if I got it cut, but I am attached to the long hair, even to get 2 inches cut would have me in tears. I have used a diffuser on my hair, it seems to help my hair curl better without the crunch.

I just figured since it takes so long to straighten I want to use something that keeps it straight and frizz free the longest.

For my curls, I use Catwalk, Curls Rock (amplifier and booster) and Redken, Smooth Down Heat Glide for when I straighten my hair. I don't like 'crunchy' curls either, you should definitely try the Catwalk stuff. Use a difuser on your dryer if you can, makes a world of difference in how your curls will look. I didn't get the expensive Chi straightener but I did get one that was gold plated (the color's gold, I'm sure it's not actually made of gold :lol:)...it gets hotter than my old cheapo one. I think it ran something like $50 :shrug: