Currency Exchange

wubbles

Anyone know of a place in Lexington Park (or nearby) that exchanges currency, specifically Euros? Have 80 or so left over from a trip a few years back and could use the extra cash. Only bank nearby that would do it the last time I called around is BoA but I'd need an account there. I'm starting to think craigslist could be my best bet for someone preparing to take a trip. Any advice?

Micki

Anyone know of a place in Lexington Park (or nearby) that exchanges currency, specifically Euros? Have 80 or so left over from a trip a few years back and could use the extra cash. Only bank nearby that would do it the last time I called around is BoA but I'd need an account there. I'm starting to think craigslist could be my best bet for someone preparing to take a trip. Any advice?

What kind of dollar amount do you expect? I might be interested, always going to Europe.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Anyone know of a place in Lexington Park (or nearby) that exchanges currency, specifically Euros? Have 80 or so left over from a trip a few years back and could use the extra cash. Only bank nearby that would do it the last time I called around is BoA but I'd need an account there. . Any advice?

open an account or go to the airport

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I was asking wobbler what he expected - I know what it's worth.

Wasn't trying to be a smart azz, I was curious what 80 Euro's were worth and thought I'd post the conversion & link to save someone the time if they were interersted. :shrug:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
airport is really bad advice - they know you need it and want it exchanged and they have the worst rates.

:shrug: sounds like he needs it :lol:

evidently this person doesn't have a bank account anywhere, so that leaves a currency exchange business which will need to make a profit on the transaction

Micki

Wasn't trying to be a smart azz, I was curious what 80 Euro's were worth and thought I'd post the conversion & link to save someone the time if they were interersted. :shrug:

I know you weren't trying to be a smart azz. I just wanted to know what wubbles expected in dollar amounts.

wubbles

:shrug: sounds like he needs it :lol:

evidently this person doesn't have a bank account anywhere, so that leaves a currency exchange business which will need to make a profit on the transaction

Hehe, kind of silly you make such ASSumptions. I don't need it, but some beer money I can spend in the states is always a good thing! :buddies: Certainly BoA isn't the only bank left. I know it's been rough lately and all...

I made this post incase anyone knew of a local solution, but peer to peer seems like the best option. This money has literally been sitting in my sock drawer for 3 years. I think anyone would be happy with an extra hundred bucks of cash. Sure will be a shame though.. my socks won't smell like money anymore!

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Hehe, kind of silly you make such ASSumptions. I don't need it, but some beer money I can spend in the states is always a good thing! :buddies: Certainly BoA isn't the only bank left. I know it's been rough lately and all...

I made this post incase anyone knew of a local solution, but peer to peer seems like the best option. This money has literally been sitting in my sock drawer for 3 years. I think anyone would be happy with an extra hundred bucks of cash. Sure will be a shame though.. my socks won't smell like money anymore!
Then talk to the manager of YOUR bank and make arrangements to trade in the money. You seem to have made the ASSumption that banks don't handle money

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
You sir obviously can't read. He didn't make any assumptions that banks dont handle money, he said when he called around only that one bank would do it. How do you know he didn't already call his bank and they wouldn't do it? Just shush already...

Because this is what banks do.
Walk in to the bank where you have an account, ask for the manager and explain that you want to exchange Euros for dollars.

You sir obviously can't understand that a bank's purpose is to move money around so just shush already

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Only bank nearby that would do it the last time I called around is BoA but I'd need an account there. I'm starting to think craigslist could be my best bet for someone preparing to take a trip. Any advice?

Well no #### sherlock, did you search google in order to learn that banks dealt with money? /sigh dumbass.... You fail, once again. I wasn't the one that needed to know or started the thread so don't quote and tell me something I don't even need to do.
There ya go, can you read and understand the bolded red? My guess would be that you still don't understand... Not surprised! It's ok... :whistle:

Because this is what banks do.
Walk in to the bank where you have an account, ask for the manager and explain that you want to exchange Euros for dollars.
Back at ya dumbass
Banks handle money for their customers. They make a profit by doing this.

My guess is that you still don't understand that you GO to the bank where you have an account and talk to the manager.

You fail once again

I think you should take that same advice, as you are telling us #### that everyone knows. Even a 5 year old can tell you that banks dealt with money and all that bull####. Again, you fail just quit trying.

WTF! Who pissed on your PopTart this morning? Let me guess - someone complained about some burgers last night that you cooked at your MickyD job and now you are mad at the world because your supervisor reprimanded you. Why come on here and start spouting off at the mouth and stir up sh$$? Get a life, or at least an education!

Oh one more thing - learn how to post properly the first time - I see most of your posts are edited within minutes of posting? Looks like you should be in school instead of here talking about stuff you know nothing about BOY!

BernieP

Resident PIA
your best bet is to sell them (at a fair price) to someone going to Europe (to an EU country).
Cedar Point will exchange the money but you need an account there to do it.
You will also pay a fee no matter where you do the exchange.