Cyber Bullying

K

kristeen

http://mlis.state.md.us/2009rs/bills/hb/hb0509f.pdf

What'll happen to this website if this law, or law like it, passes? Are we just going to one day say "no more cyber bullying because it's illegal" or are you going to ensure the changes are in before that happens, so the site doesn't end up liable for it?

Such a sad story that an 8th grader kills himself over cyber bullying...

FOXNews.com - States Pushing for Laws to Curb Cyberbullying - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Yeah, I guess you could hit the red X but what if you are surfing and read the bullying first?

Plus, even if you hit the red X, the information is still out there for the web world to read and see.

Seems quite a bit of personal information is being posted around here lately and it just made me ponder. Is this a true threat to somd.com?

GopherM

Darwin was right
http://mlis.state.md.us/2009rs/bills/hb/hb0509f.pdf

What'll happen to this website if this law, or law like it, passes? Are we just going to one day say "no more cyber bullying because it's illegal" or are you going to ensure the changes are in before that happens, so the site doesn't end up liable for it?

Such a sad story that an 8th grader kills himself over cyber bullying...

FOXNews.com - States Pushing for Laws to Curb Cyberbullying - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Yeah, I guess you could hit the red X but what if you are surfing and read the bullying first?

Plus, even if you hit the red X, the information is still out there for the web world to read and see.

Seems quite a bit of personal information is being posted around here lately and it just made me ponder. Is this a true threat to somd.com?
I don't think anything will happen here. No one here makes a point of chasing down idiots to other sites they may visit and ambush them. If you come here and make an a$$ of yourself, you pay the price. Everyone I have seen bullied here was pretty much an active participant in the back-and-forth among the forumites.

If someone can't stand the heat...they shouldn't pour the gas and light the match.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't think anything will happen here. No one here makes a point of chasing down idiots to other sites they may visit and ambush them. If you come here and make an a$$ of yourself, you pay the price. Everyone I have seen bullied here was pretty much an active participant in the back-and-forth among the forumites.

If someone can't stand the heat...they shouldn't pour the gas and light the match.
Pretty much. :yay:

K

kristeen

But I think other sites are being visited...private sites at that. There is a troll that is gathering information and posting it here. If it were my site, I would be concerened.

True, if you can't take the heat, get out of the fire, but the fact remains, personal information, pictures, etc. are being posted. Sometimes you can argue that it comes from a public site, but it it is also coming from websites that are set to private.

The internet used to be fun. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The internet used to be fun.
I still think the internet is fun. And I think forums are fun. If you find yourself being a target, you have to ask yourself what you did to encourage it. Because not everyone on this forum is bullied. It's pretty easy to avoid the buttheads on here - just don't join Fight Club and go out partying with people you don't know, but who you've seen be jerks to other people. In short, stop trying to suck up to mean people.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I still think the internet is fun. And I think forums are fun. If you find yourself being a target, you have to ask yourself what you did to encourage it. Because not everyone on this forum is bullied. It's pretty easy to avoid the buttheads on here - just don't join Fight Club and go out partying with people you don't know, but who you've seen be jerks to other people. In short, stop trying to suck up to mean people.
You have big feet and your Momma dresses you funny. :razz:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
But I think other sites are being visited...private sites at that. There is a troll that is gathering information and posting it here. If it were my site, I would be concerened.

True, if you can't take the heat, get out of the fire, but the fact remains, personal information, pictures, etc. are being posted. Sometimes you can argue that it comes from a public site, but it it is also coming from websites that are set to private.

The internet used to be fun. :ohwell:
What is the legal definition of cyber bullying? This site primarily consists of adults. Not juvenile children (as hard as that is to believe). :lmao:

Although Vrai does have to rescue certain cry babies that can't fend for themselves... :thatguy:, :pulsestart: :jollyroger: :killingme

K

kristeen

Oh, don't get me wrong. I am not targeted....yet lol. I don't go to internet parties either and certainly do not suck up to mean people. I know no one on here. I just thought the new proposed legislation was interesting and wondered if it would affect this forum. I do read a lot and notice there is much spewing of personal information. That was my only point. Does that put somd.com at risk should this bill be passed.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Did he actually complain to Vrai?
Hey look!! :killingme Lets see yours!

N/A 03-25-2009 08:49 PM Expired 1 Stop harassing him DeeJay
N/A 03-12-2009 09:18 PM Expired 5 Flaming DeeJay
N/A 02-28-2009 06:24 PM Expired 1 Flaming vraiblonde
N/A 02-19-2009 08:41 AM Expired 0 Inappropriate/Obscene Language vraiblonde
N/A 01-06-2009 09:00 PM Expired 10 Flaming DeeJay

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Oh, don't get me wrong. I am not targeted....yet lol. I don't go to internet parties either and certainly do not suck up to mean people. I know no one on here. I just thought the new proposed legislation was interesting and wondered if it would affect this forum. I do read a lot and notice there is much spewing of personal information. That was my only point. Does that put somd.com at risk should this bill be passed.
MouseBaby claimed to "know" people and have this place shut down. It's still here. :shrug:

Black-Francis

Did he actually complain to Vrai?
Hey look!! :killingme Lets see yours!

N/A 03-25-2009
08:49 PM Expired 1 Stop harassing him DeeJay
N/A 03-12-2009
09:18 PM Expired 5 Flaming DeeJay
N/A 02-28-2009
06:24 PM Expired 1 Flaming vraiblonde
N/A 02-19-2009
08:41 AM Expired 0 Inappropriate/Obscene Language vraiblonde
N/A 01-06-2009
09:00 PM Expired 10 Flaming DeeJay
N/A 03-19-2009
10:53 AM Expired 1 Flaming vraiblonde
N/A 12-06-2008
05:07 PM Expired 1 Flaming vraiblonde
N/A 10-17-2008
03:42 PM Expired 1 Inappropriate/Obscene Language DeeJay

That's all I have......:shrug:
Vrai and I are bestest buddies, ya know.......:dye:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Does that put somd.com at risk should this bill be passed.
No because that doesn't happen on the main board. And if it does, it's taken care of. And if you're in a personal forum where this is going on, you are part of the problem if you get harassed because that is absolutely voluntary and you CHOSE to participate in it.

Most people on here do not get flamed and harassed. The ones that do typically instigated it, then want to go crying about how everyone is soooo mean :bawl: when they started the #### in the first place.

K

kristeen

No because that doesn't happen on the main board. And if it does, it's taken care of. And if you're in a personal forum where this is going on, you are part of the problem if you get harassed because that is absolutely voluntary and you CHOSE to participate in it.

Most people on here do not get flamed and harassed. The ones that do typically instigated it, then want to go crying about how everyone is soooo mean :bawl: when they started the #### in the first place.
Again, I am not saying it's me. I just found the bill and wondered what impact it would have here. I find this place to be a wealth of useful information and just don't want to see it go up in flames.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Again, I am not saying it's me. I just found the bill and wondered what impact it would have here. I find this place to be a wealth of useful information and just don't want to see it go up in flames.
Don't worry. There was a poster named Kerad who claimed to report me to the Secret Service. :killingme That was a laugh we had for awhile.

Well needless to say, me and the forums are still here. :yay:

Black-Francis

Don't worry. There was a poster named Kerad who claimed to report me to the Secret Service. :killingme That was a laugh we had for awhile.

Well needless to say, me and the forums are still here. :yay:
And then there is Mousebaby/WildCherry/Calypso who is still working on shutting the forums down......:killingme