Cyst On Backside

DEEKAYPEE8569

One of my Cousins was sitting on the couch yesterday and had a grimace on his face. I asked, 'you feel okay?' He said, "Nah, I've got a cyst on my backside (the one upon which one sits) about the size of a strawberry." "Wanna see?" he said laughing hysterically. "H*ll no," I said.

MY question is, regardless of what causes them, how do you get rid of them?

mizteresa1965

One of my Cousins was sitting on the couch yesterday and had a grimace on his face. I asked, 'you feel okay?' He said, "Nah, I've got a cyst on my backside (the one upon which one sits) about the size of a strawberry." "Wanna see?" he said laughing hysterically. "H*ll no," I said.

MY question is, regardless of what causes them, how do you get rid of them?

Well.........may sound gross......but it depends on where it is. If it is just at the base of the tailbone (yes, at butt crack) then it could be a pilonidal cyst, in which case it should be drained.

My daughter had one 5 years ago and it is very painful. She had it lanced for drainage, and once it drained she was fine and hasn't had a problem since.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Well.........may sound gross......but it depends on where it is. If it is just at the base of the tailbone (yes, at butt crack) then it could be a pilonidal cyst, in which case it should be drained.

My daughter had one 5 years ago and it is very painful. She had it lanced for drainage, and once it drained she was fine and hasn't had a problem since.

I had one years ago and it had to be removed by surgury....One of the most painful things that I have ever had....I had it lanced first but it still had to be removed

red_explorer

boil

sounds like it might be a boil, needs to be lanced, not fun but will feel better.

My friend just had one lanced two weeks ago. It was the size of two golfballs, and extremely painful. He also had a fever. After playing hero, he finally went to the doctors office, and they sent him right to the ER. It was lanced, and he got Septra for an antibiotic. Two weels later, and he is feeling better!!!!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My friend just had one lanced two weeks ago. It was the size of two golfballs, and extremely painful. He also had a fever. After playing hero, he finally went to the doctors office, and they sent him right to the ER. It was lanced, and he got Septra for an antibiotic. Two weels later, and he is feeling better!!!!

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Furuncle

I was reading this, didn't know they could cause so many symptoms.