D.C. Mayor Bowser has 'Black Lives Matter' painted on street

glhs837

Power with Control
Can I wreck out and sue because I could't see the lane markings? Get me some of the sweet sweet automated enforcement cash?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Does it surprise anyone that the Mayor is engaging in graffiti?

Did she spraypaint it herself or make one of her minions do it?

Chris0nllyn

The mayor said that the people who painted it were from the D.C. Public Works department.

Yea, okay. :lol:

They want systemic change in policing. That is something that has be changed at the local level. Nothing at the national level can be done. All I see are rallying cries against the country. Take DC, for example, the mayor spend city money to paint a mural. How does that affect policy? Take Minneapolis, I have yet to see the signs and hear the verbal chants asking why the same politicians in place today are the ones why were fully aware of the 17 prior incidents by the cop leaving him on patrol leading up to the G. Floyd incident. Where are the press conferences explaining how that happened, why that happened, and acknowledging their part in the incident? What do they want? What do they think a mural will do to fix DC? Why is what the mayor of DC just did okay with anyone? There should be appall and disdain by the very people she is pandering to. Do we want real change or don't we?

Reactions: BOP

glhs837

Power with Control
They want systemic change in policing. That is something that has be changed at the local level. Nothing at the national level can be done. All I see are rallying cries against the country. Take DC, for example, the mayor spend city money to paint a mural. How does that affect policy? Take Minneapolis, I have yet to see the signs and hear the verbal chants asking why the same politicians in place today are the ones why were fully aware of the 17 prior incidents by the cop leaving him on patrol leading up to the G. Floyd incident. Where are the press conferences explaining how that happened, why that happened, and acknowledging their part in the incident? What do they want? What do they think a mural will do to fix DC? Why is what the mayor of DC just did okay with anyone? There should be appall and disdain by the very people she is pandering to. Do we want real change or don't we?

Sorry, we are still in the "Circuses" part of the show, then we'll distribute bread and everyone goes home happy.

Hijinx

Well Gilligan and I disagree. This isn't pandering.
It woukld be pandering if she were not a part and principal in the riots.
Although her office makes it impossible for her to be out there rioting if she were not Mayor she would be right there torching police cars and crapping on them when they were upside down.

I was impressed with the speeches at tonight's Leonardtown march.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
she is empowering them.. and daring the Feds to do anything about it..

Why DC should NEVER be a state.. really shouldn't have the kind of city powers (apparently) that they have.

This is outright election and campaigning..

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ....

How about that? An elected public official, subservient to a Federal body, defaces Federal Government owned, and controlled, property. Bitch should hang.

Louise

If I may ....

How about that? An elected public official, subservient to a Federal body, defaces Federal Government owned, and controlled, property. Bitch should hang.

I don’t know about hang in the noose sense, but it is obvious that she is a sista and doesn’t care about the law, She is hangin’ with her constituents. The Constitution, the law, or common sense, be darned. She is abusing her elected office. Shocker. Not really. We thought the initial election of Trump was a roller coaster ride. Y’all ain’t seen nothin‘ yet. Hang on to your hats. :patriot:

Louise

Nothing like defacing public property. Question-if the asphalt was already black, why paint it a different color?

Good question. The Mayor probably used washable paint, so she can change her mind next week. This whole crap reminds me of this song...

Last edited:

BOP

I am so sick of this BLM crap. All people existing in the World came out of Africa. We all have black blood in our veins, except for extraterrestrials. :lol: What a crock of bull crap. Go Trump 2020!
Lizzie Warren and I don't; and in fact, I'm whiter than she is.