"Dad Bod" is sexist

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://time.com/3846828/dad-bod-is-a-sexist-atrocity/

"The problem with the Dad Bod isn’t what it says about men, but what it says about women and how we treat them"

The Internet often thinks that it found a new thing when it really just came up with a new name for something that has existed for decades. The most recent fad is a fixation on the “Dad Bod,” a physique that looks like a formerly fit athlete has gone a bit to seed and grown a nice layer of protective fat around his muscular girth. He’s less Muscle & Fitness than he is Ben & Jerry’s.

“The dad bod says, ‘I go to the gym occasionally, but I also drink heavily on the weekends and enjoy eating eight slices of pizza at a time,’” writes Clemson University student Mackenzie Pearson in an article that went viral and accounts for the current fixation on the Dad Bod. The problem with the Dad Bod isn’t what it says about men, but what it says about women and how we treat them.

Attachments

• dad-bod.jpg
    dad-bod.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 366

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Someone actually took time to write this drivel? And I took the time to read it? Funny how men are to blame for women's self confidence when everywhere one turns, TV, magazines, etc., are pushing the latest fad diet, showing pictures and images of well toned teens and 20 somethings. Women are their own worst enemy when it comes to how they look and how they are perceived. It starts at a very young age and is reinforced by all the media. Many men just don't care ... see "Fat Wives" thread.