Daily Rant

GopherM

Darwin was right
Here's a tip: if you're gonna check your texts or send a text...get your door and aisle blocking butt out of the way. Don't stand in the middle of the aisle or in the middle of the store's door and zone out on your damn phone so nobody can get around you. The same with walking down the sidewalk and staggering back and forth so we don't know what the safe side is to pass you by so we don't bump in to you. In other words...stop being such an azz with your phone and pay attention to what is going on around you and who you may be blocking.

I use an elevated voice and say "EXCUSE ME! loud enough so everyone hears. I'm tired of playing passive and nice waiting for people like that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here's a tip: if you're gonna check your texts or send a text...get your door and aisle blocking butt out of the way. Don't stand in the middle of the aisle or in the middle of the store's door and zone out on your damn phone so nobody can get around you. The same with walking down the sidewalk and staggering back and forth so we don't know what the safe side is to pass you by so we don't bump in to you. In other words...stop being such an azz with your phone and pay attention to what is going on around you and who you may be blocking.

I cannot like this post enough.

littlelady

God bless the USA
A shopping cart to the Achilles heel works wonders.

I tend to get in my own little world when shopping, and I don’t use my phone when shopping.. If I find I am blocking traffic, I say so sorry. And, usually, there are laughs. A shopping cart to the Achilles seems extreme, and could result in assault charges. Sheesh. Why are some people so uptight?

A question...what if people are using their phone for an emergency, or something important? Who gets to determine that? Just wondering.

I posted this in what song are you listening to thread. Thought I would post it here, too. Happy shopping, y’all.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
I tend to get in my own little world when shopping, and I don’t use my phone when shopping.. If I find I am blocking traffic, I say so sorry. And, usually, there are laughs. A shopping cart to the Achilles seems extreme, and could result in assault charges. Sheesh. Why are some people so uptight?

A question...what if people are using their phone for an emergency, or something important? Who gets to determine that? Just wondering.

I posted this in what song are you listening to thread. Thought I would post it here, too. Happy shopping, y’all.

No matter what you are doing, basic consideration for others should be part of your everyday life. Not blocking other people is one of those things. Takes literally milliseconds to poistion yourself out of the way of others. Like the BS regarding almost every car crash that it could have been medical, bats could have flown in the window and bit the driver in the eye. We need to expect folks to behave with consideration and take personnel responsibility. The odds that virtually anyone blocking me in is actually answering a "OMG, he has Diabetes, you must do X" text is so slim I refuse to consider it. This refusal to just let people be inconsiderate arseholes has been percolating a long time.

CRHS89

I was driving through McKays parking lot yesterday and a guy looking at his phone walked out from a side aisle into the main drive area in front of me and just stopped. I'd have loved to bump him...not enough to hurt him, but get his attention...but of course pedestrians have the right of way so I would have been the one at fault. So frustrating.

I was driving through McKays parking lot yesterday and a guy looking at his phone walked out from a side aisle into the main drive area in front of me and just stopped. I'd have loved to bump him...not enough to hurt him, but get his attention...but of course pedestrians have the right of way so I would have been the one at fault. So frustrating.
And had you used your horn, you would have been the ahole.

Grumpy

Was at 7-11 this morning, guy pulling out of parking spot, I waited so I could park there, the guy got out, I started to pull in and a woman stepped off the sidewalk and walked into the parking spot talking on her cell and just stood there arguing on the phone rather than allow me to park(I was half way into the spot). Finally tapped the horn after about 30 seconds and, of course, I became an ahole. Number 1, too, if I interpreted her hand signal correctly. :yay: Loved the wtf look on her face when I gave her the thumbs up.

mitzi

Who wants to have a general conversation with someone while going thru the aisles shopping or in line, I know I don't. I don't like getting upsetting calls while I'm out either. A few years back, my phone rang while I was on the STS. It was my cousin. She's out of state and doesn't call all the time so I answered just to tell her I'd call her back a little later when I could talk more freely. She was hysterically sobbing that her Dad had died suddenly that morning. I was shocked and couldn't begin to console her. I could barely understand her between her sobs, the phone breaking up and people talking on the bus. NOT the place to get an upsetting call about someone you're close to dying. I was so uncomfortable.

glhs837

Power with Control
Was at 7-11 this morning, guy pulling out of parking spot, I waited so I could park there, the guy got out, I started to pull in and a woman stepped off the sidewalk and walked into the parking spot talking on her cell and just stood there arguing on the phone rather than allow me to park(I was half way into the spot). Finally tapped the horn after about 30 seconds and, of course, I became an ahole. Number 1, too, if I interpreted her hand signal correctly. :yay: Loved the wtf look on her face when I gave her the thumbs up.

If you are going to be the arsehole, be the best one you can be. Aim High!!!!

littlelady

God bless the USA
Then they can move to one side and GTF out of the way.

What about the handicapped that use the powered cart? They def get in the way, but I don’t mind. And, I have assisted them many times because they can’t reach something, and happy to do it. If we/all cannot coexist in a grocery store, what is that saying about man’kind’’; so to speak? Just thinking, and wondering.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Did you really mean to equate a handicapped person with some oblivion texting or blabbing on their phone?

You didn’t quote my whole post. And, I am all about tolerance, and goodwill. Where is the fire in the grocery/convenience store that makes people get so bent out of shape? Answer...it is all about them that are complaining. JMO.

Many grocers offer order online, and pick up...costs like 5 dollars. Try it. You might like it. :)

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Or people can go to the grocery store to buy groceries instead of text and talk with their friends.

Welcome to technology, and unsocial media. It is like people running into poles, or falling into fountains while they are on their phones. I deal with life the best way I can. I just go with their rudeness, and make light of it, and try to help when I can. There are more serious issues to be worried about. After all, it is just grocery shopping, and parking issues. Be the better person.

Times, they are a changin’. I am more concerned that the supreme dictator of NK just had his envoy that met with Trump executed for being spies for America. Some inconvenence in a grocery store is nothing compared to that. Happy shopping. :)

And, stop being babies, y’all. Their are babies that will never have a chance to voice their opinion. And, yes, I made this thread political. Get over it.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
You didn’t quote my whole post. And, I am all about tolerance, and goodwill. Where is the fire in the grocery/convenience store that makes people get so bent out of shape? Answer...it is all about them that are complaining. JMO.

Many grocers offer order online, and pick up...costs like 5 dollars. Try it. You might like it. :)

We probably get 80% or more of our groceries that way, thanks to Wally and Teeter. But that doesn't mean that I should have to sit and wait in a store while someone does other things in the store. I take calls in a store, I meet people I know it stores. But the very first thing I do is park mt butt out of the traffic areas, and keep an eye out for people who might need to shop whatever I'm standing near. People with disabilities are different. I help anyone I see that might need help, heck, I'll help people find things, load stuff in their vehicles. if it looks like they need help. You are trying to defend indefensible actions. Courtesy is a two street, just like respect. If you dont dispense it, dont expect it. There's no fire I'm getting to, but that doesnt excuse rude people obstructing others becuase they are too damn lazy to show us the courtesy of moving aside a bit.