Dairy Queen

Hijinx

I guess that we are dating ourselves by knowing/remembering such. The reactions for Arby's, Wendy's, Popeye's and BK were far more subdued. Makes one wonder what/will can be built next to cause such a commotion in the north end of the county.

You think that;s old I used to go to Baileys Restaurant in Leonardtown. I also remember when the half of the building at Winegardners was the dime store, and shopping at Morgans.

mitzi

Wow, Long John Silvers, haven't heard that name in years, used to eat at one in Forestville Md. many many years ago, used to be pretty good back then. Also remember and Artur Treachers around Marlow Heights, and maybe Waldorf a long time ago. Used to really like Arthur Treachers.

Someone recently told me the Arthur Treacher's in Marlow Heights finally closed down within the past month. It lasted almost 30 years.

Beta

Smile!
Everytime I drove by it has been very busy.

It's just another hambuger joint with ice cream people...geez.

I have noticed Rita's and Berts have had no lines for ice cream since DQ opened!
I've never seen a big line at Bert's, but Rita's was packed the other day. :shrug:

I hope Bert's handles DQ & Sweet Frog, I'd hate to see another good local business get shut down. :ohwell:

DQ has the best ice cream around!!! Like I said before, their ice cream cakes are out of this world!
Rita's has always been expensive and Berts ice cream is horrible. Always has been since they were bought out! I haven't been there in years....I am really happy they have competition now.
I can't wait for "Sweet Frog" to open in Charlotte Hall! Finally some worthwhile places are coming!
omg omg omg omg omg omg, Sweet Frog! We have always needed [insert stupid chain here] and it's so wonderful that we're getting another great chain that's clearly better than all of the others! :thewave:

I find it amusing that for someone who hasn't been somewhere in years, you can speak to the quality of ice cream. :rolleyes:

mudpuddle

I've never seen a big line at Bert's, but Rita's was packed the other day. :shrug:

I hope Bert's handles DQ & Sweet Frog, I'd hate to see another good local business get shut down. :ohwell:

omg omg omg omg omg omg, Sweet Frog! We have always needed [insert stupid chain here] and it's so wonderful that we're getting another great chain that's clearly better than all of the others! :thewave:

I find it amusing that for someone who hasn't been somewhere in years, you can speak to the quality of ice cream. :rolleyes:

The last few times I had ice "cream" at Bert's, it was just horrible...why go back to a place, if the food is bad?
When I lived in Philly, there was a thing such as "ice milk". It was used in place of ice cream. You can definitely tell the difference between ice milk and ice cream...it is like drinking 1% milk compared to whole milk. I tried eating at Bert's after it was bought out many years ago, and the ice cream tasted like ice milk to me....just saying :/

Last edited:

warneckutz

34653164.jpg

OldHillcrestGuy

Being a resident of Charlotte Hall for 37 years, Ive seen alot of change. I remember McDonalds coming, huge deal for little Charlotte Hall.
I was at DQ opening day about 6pm. the drive-up was unbelieveable but if you went inside the service was really quick. We were even able to get a table to sit at. Ordered food first, came really quick to the table. We then got back in line for dessert only took about a minute or 2 to get to he counter to place our order.
Went to Sonic on Sunday around 6pm. Drive up unreal, but if you parked in the lot and went inside service was fast.

Beta

Smile!
Being a resident of Charlotte Hall for 37 years, Ive seen alot of change. I remember McDonalds coming, huge deal for little Charlotte Hall.
I was at DQ opening day about 6pm. the drive-up was unbelieveable but if you went inside the service was really quick. We were even able to get a table to sit at. Ordered food first, came really quick to the table. We then got back in line for dessert only took about a minute or 2 to get to he counter to place our order.
Went to Sonic on Sunday around 6pm. Drive up unreal, but if you parked in the lot and went inside service was fast.

Nobody likes to go inside. Everyone is lazy as #### around here.

TPD

the poor dad
Nobody likes to go inside. Everyone is lazy as #### around here.

:yeahthat: And we wonder why we have an obesity problem in this nation. Will never forget my Finnish friend's teenage daughter visiting us a couple summer's ago and making that same observation - drive-thrus for everything. The bank was the one that surprised her the most. Got to the point every time she saw a drive-thru she would just shake her head and say "fat lazy Americans".