Dallas week...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...what would it be without some hyperbole from me?

My pre game speech to my fellow fans;

Of these, worthy challenges are made.

Was it over when Patton made that charge at Gettysburg? No. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? (thank you JB) NO! Was it over when they said Pluto wasn't a moon? NO! Was it over when Katie took over the evening news?

Well...OK, but the point stands. Do we want our names etched in the annals of history as shirkers, as cowards? Do we wish to be remembered as the ones who stood against the storm or the ones who blamed it on global warming? Are we to gird, or grill, our pork loin to face the foe and take our chances or do we fold and call for pizza? Who are we? What are we? The moment that will answer that question looms on yon weekend.

Forward I say. Our future lies ahead of us, come what may. Let those who write the books speak of how we cheered. Let them be the judge of whether our hearts were timid or strong as we faced the fire. Allow them to break down the game film and point fingers. They will not be among us.

Only we 300...000,000 will know how it really was. Only we will have been there.

Cue battle song

Otter

Nothing to see here
...what would it be without some hyperbole from me?

My pre game speech to my fellow fans;

Of these, worthy challenges are made.

Was it over when Patton made that charge at Gettysburg? No. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? (thank you JB) NO! Was it over when they said Pluto wasn't a moon? NO! Was it over when Katie took over the evening news?

Well...OK, but the point stands. Do we want our names etched in the annals of history as shirkers, as cowards? Do we wish to be remembered as the ones who stood against the storm or the ones who blamed it on global warming? Are we to gird, or grill, our pork loin to face the foe and take our chances or do we fold and call for pizza? Who are we? What are we? The moment that will answer that question looms on yon weekend.

Forward I say. Our future lies ahead of us, come what may. Let those who write the books speak of how we cheered. Let them be the judge of whether our hearts were timid or strong as we faced the fire. Allow them to break down the game film and point fingers. They will not be among us.

Only we 300...000,000 will know how it really was. Only we will have been there.

Cue battle song

Readers digest version...'Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?'

fedex

Relax, it's fedex
Its going to be a tough game. Is it possible for a WIN of course, but we would have to play mistake turnover free football to even have a chance to win !

Pete

Repete
Readers digest version...'Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?'

No it was over at Gettysburg when Patton looked in the camera and said "Lee, you magnificent bastard..........I read your book!"

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Dear Dallas fans,

We couldn't beat New England, but we can beat you.

PS Our popcorn is ready. :popcorn:

Last edited: