Dallas Week...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's time ladies and gentlemen.

It is THAT week which only happens twice a year and right now...

IT MATTERS. We gotta have it. This is it, this is why we watch, what we hope for, what we dream about; a chance, just a chance at having one of those legendary games.

It's not the playoffs but we gotta win to stay in the hunt.

It's a chance to SWEEP those people.

It's DALLAS WEEK and I'd like to be the first to say, from the bottom of my heart...

Die, you gravy sucking pigs!

tomchamp

The Skins will win this one...We will see the true Drew...a good D like the Greg Williams D will eat him alive. Greg knows Drew's weeknesses..he's the one who signed him with Buffalo when he was head couch of the Bills. He as a DC knows how to get to him. I will take the Skins this weak!

BuddyLee

Football addict
I can certainly live with no play-offs if we beat Dallas twice.:smile:

I can't wait, I'm already shaking.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Tickets for Skins vs Cowboys-Free
Club Level Passes fro game- Free

Skins beating Dallas-Icing on the birthday cake!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, No, No, No!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuddyLee said:
I can certainly live with no play-offs if we beat Dallas twice.:smile:

I can't wait, I'm already shaking.

We beat Dallas.

Both teams win out.

We get in.

They don't.

Because we beat them.

Twice.

THAT is what this is about!!!!!!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In the interest of ensuring victory...

...I humble'lee accept the responsibility to see to it...in person.

:thewave:

:getdown:

and...

:dude:

:banana:

and...

:cartwheel:

:yahoo:

and...

:evil:

DIE! Die I say!

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

:goosebumpcity:

:####ineh:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Larry Gude said:
We beat Dallas.

Both teams win out.

We get in.

They don't.

Because we beat them.

Twice.

THAT is what this is about!!!!!!!
Yea, I know. However, there is still a GOOD chance that we still won't make the playoffs EVEN if we do win this game. Minnesota and the NFC South are lookin' pretty steady.

Otter

Nothing to see here
BuddyLee said:
Yea, I know. However, there is still a GOOD chance that we still won't make the playoffs EVEN if we do win this game. Minnesota and the NFC South are lookin' pretty steady.

Careful, BL, you're forgetting you're talking to Mr TheGlassIsHalfFull.

kom526

Larry Gude said:
...I humble'lee accept the responsibility to see to it...in person.

:thewave:

:getdown:

and...

:dude:

:banana:

and...

:cartwheel:

:yahoo:

and...

:evil:

DIE! Die I say!

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

:goosebumpcity:

:####ineh:
I'll :howdy: when I see ya! :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's funny you should mention that...

otter said:
Careful, BL, you're forgetting you're talking to Mr TheGlassIsHalfFull.

Current situation: Trying to get one of two Wild Card slots.

NFC East:

Giants 9-4
Boys 8-5
Redskins 7-6

We beat the Boys and we both win out, we're ahead of them. Beat 'em twice.
Odds are good we finish ahead of Dallas IF we win this week. One threat down.

If we rout the the Giants worse than they did us and we win out and they lose one other game, we win the East. Not likely to beat them 37-0. Now, it is not impossible for them to lose three straight, KC, us and the Raiders. Also not likely, so, we're looking at the wild card.

NFC South:

Tampa 9-4
Carolina 9-4
Atlanta 8-5

These guys alone could finish us. We lost our tie breaker with TB, head to head. Atlanta has The Bucs, the Cats and the Bears. So, they go 1-2 or 0-3, we get past them. We get past them if they go 2-1 (if we go 3-0) by virtue of a better NFC record. They are not likely to go 3-0 so, we gotta consider them a lesser problem. Two down.

Carolina has the Boys, Saints and Falcons. They'd have to go 1-2 or worse for us to get ahead of them BUT at 1-2 we have a better NFC record (us going 3-0). As the Boys and Falcons will be fighting for their lives, we can get past these guys to. 2 1/2 down.

Busc would have to go 0-3 because we lost to them. Pats, Falcons and Saints. We want them to win their division because it is highly unlikely they go 0-3 and hence we can't beat them for the wildcard. ROOT for the Bucs every week.

NFC West:

Seahawks. End of story. Not our problem. Nothing we can make or need to have happen.

NFC North.

Pay attention here; Chicago is 9-4 with Falcons, GB and Minnesodah. They go 1-2 and guess what? We're ahead of them because of Patrick Ramsey and our week one win. That's 3 tough games, GB and Vikes away.

Vikes would then win the division. Now, with the Steelers, at Ravens and finish with the Bears, the 8-5 Vikes are facing a stern challenge. They go 1-2, we're past them. 2-1 to our 3-0 we're past them by virtue of better NFC record.

It is very likely that we get past both these teams, so then need Atlanta to lose 1 and it's down to the Cowboys.

BEST CHANCE:

Scenario #1: The Bears and Atlanta get us a lose for one of the ones we need. It would be best if Atlanta won this one then all they gotta do is lose to either the Bucs or Cats and the Bears would only need to fall to GB (not impossible at Lambaugh) or the Vikes last game.

Let's leave it here for now because it IS the best chance and things got wild from here if this scenario falls.

All of this relys on us beating the Boys, Giants and Eagles which alone, sweeping 3 straight in your own division, is highly unlikely.

But, if we don't, we don't deserve the playoffs anyway.

Scenario #2: As I think about it, scenario #2 might be as likely as #1; the Falcons for 2-1 or worse and Carolina goes 1-2. Atlanta loses ot the Bucs, beats Carolina and the Bears. Carolina loses to ATL and the Boys, beats Saints.

:elaine:

We'll see.

BUT WE HAVE TO WIN OUT.

kom526

Larry Gude said:
...what section?

We're 118.
I don't get the tickets until Friday, so i'm not sure where we are sitting. I do believe that we are low on the upper deck though. I really don't care it's Skins vs Cowboys in a meaningful game in December!!! And I get to be there!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I second THAT...

kom526 said:
I don't get the tickets until Friday, so i'm not sure where we are sitting. I do believe that we are low on the upper deck though. I really don't care it's Skins vs Cowboys in a meaningful game in December!!! And I get to be there!

...every other time I've seen Dallas was the first game of the year.

kom526

Sec 403 row 9 (no need for emergency oxygen at this level :lmao: ) That puts us on the 30 yd line on the home side. BUT, I do have to make proper use of my club passes.:bragulator2005: is up and running!