Damn, they just don't get it

SamSpade

Damn, if they don't repeat a load of crap that's long been disproved.
WHY can't they just find something else? Are they as dumb as we think they are?
Or as I suspect, they're really not paying attention?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Damn, if they don't repeat a load of crap that's long been disproved.
WHY can't they just find something else? Are they as dumb as we think they are?
Or as I suspect, they're really not paying attention?
No life.

Yes.

That too.

SamSpade

I suppose the biggest red flag I ever had with this is - why would someone who is spending 1-2 BILLION dollars
and has very deep pockets need to spend money to ask a foreign country to hire a handful of jokers to post
a few social media ads and spread falsehoods? Not only could he have done it a lot cheaper with Americans,
he'd have VOLUNTEERS.

And these guys believe it was a full on cooperation with an enemy and that it ABSOLUTELY threw the election to him.
Wow. They didn't tamper with the results, so the extent of it was - ads. And stories. Something that no one prior to
the election saw coming - and they make their living looking for it.

And as I've said before, the premise is so ridiculous as to defy credulity. If you're making up a story, why not go
to a country that isn't our arch-enemy that might actually have something to gain? I'm surprised they didn't include
the Iranians and the North Koreans. (They COULDN'T include the Chinese, because that would draw attention to the
Clintons).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I've said it repeatedly

1 billion combined spending Democrat / Republican Party
PACS
Super PACS
'advocacy ads for the candidate'

vs

12 Trolls From the Internet Research Agency
2 Million Dollar GRU Budget

and these Facebook ads reported by the New York Times and CONGRESS .... which are largely for BOTH Sides and issue ads to stir truoble

Communists / Stalinist's / Russia Oligarchs Today has been ****ing around in American Politics since the 1920's with the rise if the US Communist Party

Last edited:

SamSpade

I've said it repeatedly

1 billion combined spending Democrat / Republican Party
PACS
Super PACS
'advocacy ads for the candidate'

vs

12 Trolls From the Internet Research Agency
2 Million Dollar GRU Budget

and these Facebook ads reported by the New York Times .... which are largely for BOTH Sides and issue ads to stir truoble

Communists / Stalinist's / Russia Oligarchs Today has been ****ing aroud in American Politics since the 1920's with the rise if the US Communist Party

And if you can spend 768 million dollars and a campaign employing four thousand and thousands more volunteers to be elected - Hillary - and your whole two year effort can be blown apart by a dozen guys on the Internet - you probably are too inept to be elected in the first place.
As it is, it didn't affect anything, except the minds of people who are still convinced it did, even after millions spent to be shown it didn't.

Think of it - we spent what, 30 million to investigate a handful of Russian trolls and proved - no collusion - but there are people who still
believe the pocket change the Russians spent, changed everything?

I'll say it a hundred times more - you think Trump is a turd - and Hillary LOST to him.
Take the hint.
a few million

SamSpade

but then progressives shift

'Hillary WON the Popular Vote'

And Trump never campaigned for all those votes in inland California - or upstate New York - or downstate Illinois, which are all filled with Republicans, because the state by itself could not be won, even though those areas have lots of Republican votes.

It's pretty simple - the Electoral College affects the way campaigns are done. Hillary's three million extra votes are entirely because
of California voting very heavily - 61% - for Hillary. Take away California's votes - for both - and Trump wins the popular vote, too.
But if Trump had campaigned heavily in blue states, he might have gained enough to win a popular vote in 2016.

He didn't - because it doesn't win the election.

BOP

I suppose the biggest red flag I ever had with this is - why would someone who is spending 1-2 BILLION dollars
and has very deep pockets need to spend money to ask a foreign country to hire a handful of jokers to post
a few social media ads and spread falsehoods? Not only could he have done it a lot cheaper with Americans,
he'd have VOLUNTEERS.

And these guys believe it was a full on cooperation with an enemy and that it ABSOLUTELY threw the election to him.
Wow. They didn't tamper with the results, so the extent of it was - ads. And stories. Something that no one prior to
the election saw coming - and they make their living looking for it.

And as I've said before, the premise is so ridiculous as to defy credulity. If you're making up a story, why not go
to a country that isn't our arch-enemy that might actually have something to gain? I'm surprised they didn't include
the Iranians and the North Koreans. (They COULDN'T include the Chinese, because that would draw attention to the
Clintons).
"This is what they do; they stake out crazy positions and then they make you negotiate backwards." - Dave Rubin

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How can it be that fake news via Russian memes on the internet is what got Trump elected, but fake news pushed relentlessly in the MSM couldn't get Hillary elected?

I'm not even really sure what this new bitchfest is about. It appears they're saying that memes stating false information about Hillary Clinton is what caused everyone to vote for Trump, is that correct? Because that's stupid and it's hard to believe a significant number of people are dumb enough to believe it.

transporter

And Trump never campaigned for all those votes in inland California - or upstate New York - or downstate Illinois, which are all filled with Republicans, because the state by itself could not be won, even though those areas have lots of Republican votes.

It's pretty simple - the Electoral College affects the way campaigns are done. Hillary's three million extra votes are entirely because
of California voting very heavily - 61% - for Hillary. Take away California's votes - for both - and Trump wins the popular vote, too.
But if Trump had campaigned heavily in blue states, he might have gained enough to win a popular vote in 2016.

He didn't - because it doesn't win the election.

You guys post a lot of stupid rationalizations...but this is line a irrationalizations is amazing.

Trump won the electoral college because of less than 200,00 total votes spread between PA, MI and WI. He won FL by less than or about 1% of the popular vote in that state.

All the billions spent really didn't matter...never do much. Only a few states are ever in play...and a few districts in those states make the difference.

It is really amazing that you "informed voter" types still don't understand this or how Trump won.

Yes. Trump is a "turd". So was Hillary. The points all along...that you "informed voters" also STILL don't understand is that an actual Republican with actual experience and expertise would have won and won handily. He wouldn't have needed Wiklieaks and a last minute rescue by James Comey (intentional or not).

Millions of minds didn't need to be changed..only enough. Hillary was a turd with very weak support. The Comey thing 10 days before the election kept people home. Those few weak minds were all that was needed.

BTW. Donald Trump is still a "turd". He proves it each and every day. He has no idea what he is doing. He is 2.5 years into his tenure and STILL doesn't have a cabinet. Christ he hasn't had a defense secretary in over 6 months!!

The United States of America is a weaker nation because of him. We are a more divided nation because of him. No one in the world knows what his policies are because Trump doesn't know what his policies are one minute to the next.

SamSpade

You guys post a lot of stupid rationalizations...but this is line a irrationalizations is amazing.

For once I turned off the ignore feature just to see what kind of idiotic thing you'd write.
You don't disappoint.

Trump won the electoral college because of less than 200,00 total votes spread between PA, MI and WI. He won FL by less than or about 1% of the popular vote in that state.

So? That's the way it works. Hillary won Minnesota by a mere 45,000 votes out of roughly 3 million. She won New Hampshire by less than 3,000.
She squeaked out Nevada by 27,000 out of well over a million. And yeah, he did win Florida by a hundred thousand votes.

All the billions spent really didn't matter...never do much. Only a few states are ever in play...and a few districts in those states make the difference.

That's why they call them battleground states.
It is really amazing that you "informed voter" types still don't understand this or how Trump won.

Evidently everyone in whole WORLD knows this except you, because you keep whining about the "popular vote" which is
a construct meaningless to the election, just as total runs scored is meaningless to winning the World Series.

WE get it. Apparently you don't, because you seem to think no one else does.

You know why I know you don't get it?

BOTH campaigns know how it is played. And they spent billions - in the states that would move the outcome.
Everybody knows that small differences win the elections - and they spent money on them.
It doesn't matter that a bunch of Russians spent a few pennies here and there in the battleground states -
they're being massively outspent by the campaigns. Trump's campaign and Hillary's campaign KNEW that a few votes
turn these states. And they spent over a billion and a half between them.
THEY both knew that a pile of cash spent in this battleground state is worth more than spent in a state not in play.
They both spent most of their time in the states that could change, and ignored the ones where they easily would win.

Hillary thought Wisconsin wasn't up for grabs - so she didn't bother.
She figured Michigan was in the bag as well - so she spent very little time there.
She ignored Pennsylvania until late polling showed her she could lose it.
She banked on North Carolina and Ohio - and they weren't even close.

The narrative you're trying to go for is that SOMEHOW, the Russians knew exactly who to turn - with the huge
presumption they had any effect - but two very expensive campaigns had no idea.

THAT is why the whole thing is ridiculous.

BOP

For once I turned off the ignore feature just to see what kind of idiotic thing you'd write.
You don't disappoint.

So? That's the way it works. Hillary won Minnesota by a mere 45,000 votes out of roughly 3 million. She won New Hampshire by less than 3,000.
She squeaked out Nevada by 27,000 out of well over a million. And yeah, he did win Florida by a hundred thousand votes.

That's why they call them battleground states.

Evidently everyone in whole WORLD knows this except you, because you keep whining about the "popular vote" which is
a construct meaningless to the election, just as total runs scored is meaningless to winning the World Series.

WE get it. Apparently you don't, because you seem to think no one else does.

You know why I know you don't get it?

BOTH campaigns know how it is played. And they spent billions - in the states that would move the outcome.
Everybody knows that small differences win the elections - and they spent money on them.
It doesn't matter that a bunch of Russians spent a few pennies here and there in the battleground states -
they're being massively outspent by the campaigns. Trump's campaign and Hillary's campaign KNEW that a few votes
turn these states. And they spent over a billion and a half between them.
THEY both knew that a pile of cash spent in this battleground state is worth more than spent in a state not in play.
They both spent most of their time in the states that could change, and ignored the ones where they easily would win.

Hillary thought Wisconsin wasn't up for grabs - so she didn't bother.
She figured Michigan was in the bag as well - so she spent very little time there.
She ignored Pennsylvania until late polling showed her she could lose it.
She banked on North Carolina and Ohio - and they weren't even close.

The narrative you're trying to go for is that SOMEHOW, the Russians knew exactly who to turn - with the huge
presumption they had any effect - but two very expensive campaigns had no idea.

THAT is why the whole thing is ridiculous.
Roughly a dozen or so Russians with limited English language skills, a budget of well under $1.0M and no direct access to anything other than social media outmaneuvered the Hillary campaign, the Obama administration, the DNC, and the Left Wing media (redundant, I know) and their bazillions of dollars.

Right.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The points all along...that you "informed voters" also STILL don't understand is that an actual Republican with actual experience and expertise would have won and won handily.

What a STUNNING lack of awareness ...... VOTERS on BOTH Sides Were fed up with the ESTABLISHMENT .....

That is why Trump was elected ... disenfranchised or ignored DEMOCRATS from Michigan Wisconsin and Penn. handed Trump a victory

and who is this mytical Republican you have been talking about for 2 yrs, because I think you are full of s h i t

Reactions: BOP

BOP

What a STUNNING lack of awareness ...... VOTERS on BOTH Sides Were fed up with the ESTABLISHMENT .....

That is why Trump was elected ... disenfranchised or ignored DEMOCRATS from Michigan Wisconsin and Penn. handed Trump a victory

and who is this mytical Republican you have been talking about for 2 yrs, because I think you are full of s h i t
She, like all leftists, is a useful idiot; a tool. They have no idea they're being played as the career politicians cooperate (and are aided and abetted by the leftist media) to try and eliminate the True Outsider who threatens their stranglehold on power.