Dana Reeve, Widow Of Christopher Reeve, Dies

rack'm

Jaded

POSTED: 8:23 am EST March 7, 2006
UPDATED: 8:32 am EST March 7, 2006
Email This Story | Print This Story

SHORT HILLS, N.J. -- Dana Reeve, who fought for better treatments and possible cures for paralysis through the Christopher Reeve Foundation, named for her late actor-husband, has died, the foundation said. The Associated Press reports that she was 44, while CNN reports she was 45.

Reeve died late Monday of lung cancer, said Kathy Lewis, president and CEO of the foundation.

"On behalf of the entire Board of Directors and staff of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, we are extremely saddened by the death of Dana Reeve, whose grace and courage under the most difficult of circumstances was a source of comfort and inspiration to all of us," Lewis said in a statement.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
rack'm said:

SHORT HILLS, N.J. -- Dana Reeve, who fought for better treatments and possible cures for paralysis through the Christopher Reeve Foundation, named for her late actor-husband, has died, the foundation said. The Associated Press reports that she was 44, while CNN reports she was 45.

Reeve died late Monday of lung cancer, said Kathy Lewis, president and CEO of the foundation.

"On behalf of the entire Board of Directors and staff of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, we are extremely saddened by the death of Dana Reeve, whose grace and courage under the most difficult of circumstances was a source of comfort and inspiration to all of us," Lewis said in a statement.

:frown:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
:shocked: She's so young! But I guess cancer doesn't look at your birth certificate.

Caregivers tend to die sooner than later. She spent years taking care of her husband and that may have played a part in her early demise.

L

ladylara

Tigerlily said:
That is so sad. I really feel for their young son who now has lost both of his parents.
13 years old. unreal.
she never smoked. just incredibly sad.

C

canuk woman

rack'm said:

I just found that out this morning and I am so shocked. I send my deepest sympathy's to her family and her son.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
mainman said:
Even a bllind squirrel finds a nut once in a while DJ...:smile:
It's more common than most would like to think. I know of two people who never smoked who died from lung cancer in the last year one in her 40's the other in his 50's.

mainman

Set Trippin
Tigerlily said:
It's more common than most would like to think. I know of two people who never smoked who died from lung cancer in the last year one in her 40's the other in his 50's.
:itwasajoke:

W

Wenchy

What a beautiful lady, both inside and out.

I'm thinking of their son, and I'm crying. I pray that he will be okay.

Chris and Dana are now together. That's the only bright spot I see at the moment.

Attachments

• reeves.jpg
    reeves.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 76

Pandora

vraiblonde said:
Quoted for posterity.

Thank you. When the story first broke several years ago, I was surprised to hear that myself.

My mother died of cancer and only smoked a few years of her life, so I doubt that was a contributing factor. The doctors didn't seem to think so either. It was considered a death from lung cancer but it actually started in her breast.