Dance Classes

kelleymauck

mind freak
Anyone know of a dance studio in the area besides Calvert School of Dance and Julie Rogers? I'm interested in enrolling my 2 year old daughter. I know Calvert doesn't let them enroll until their 3 and julie rogers is 2.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ballet Caliente 862-0038. :yay:

They are on Great Mills Road behind Burger King.

Chicklet started ballet just as she turned 3 and is now in her third year. She also started Jazz dance this year. At the moment, all the students are getting geared up for their big recital in June. You might consider waiting until the summer session and see how she likes it before committing for the full year.

morganj614

RoseRed said:
Ballet Caliente 862-0038. :yay:

They are on Great Mills Road behind Burger King.

Chicklet started ballet just as she turned 3 and is now in her third year. She also started Jazz dance this year. At the moment, all the students are getting geared up for their big recital in June. You might consider waiting until the summer session and see how she likes it before committing for the full year.

RR, how are they with little kids? We had a bad experience at one place with a 3-4 yr old and the teacher being very, strict. Do you know what age they can start tap class? TIA

Last edited:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
There is also Gracie's Guys and Gals in Leonardtown. My dd has been going there for 2 years now and loves it. She is in a combo class, tap/ballet/tumbling. My dd was two 1/2 when she signed up, btw.

As RR was mentioning about the studio her dd attends.....Gracie's also puts on a recital every year. This year will be at Chopticon HS on June 18 & 19, three shows because of all the classes she has. There is also a show troupe with Gracie as well and they perform at a lot of competitions. They recently were a featured dance group in Walt Disney World.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
morganj614 said:
RR, how are they with little kids? We had a bad experience at one place with a 3-4 yr old and the teacher beiny very, strict. Do you know what age they can start tap class? TIA

I highly recommend them. Her ballet classes are taught by the owner/director of the school who has danced with several troupes, including San Francisco ballet. She is great with the kids. They put on a recital every year. It will be held at Great Mills High School on June 3 & 4 this year. You will be able to purchase tickets at a later date if you would like to take your daughter.

kelleymauck

mind freak
Thanks guys! Yeah I figured I would wait till the summer session to start her. Thay way we can see if she likes it. Thanks for the input.

greyhound

Try Abigail Francisco School of Classical Ballet. Students need to be 3 years old. It is an fantastic school. They have a summer program if you would like to try them out. Students can also try a class first before commiting to a full quarter. The web site is abigailsclassicalballet.com Give them a call if you have any questions. Don't use the e-mail link, it is a bad link.