Dancing Horse Challenge Tonight @ PGEC

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I just want to remind everyone that the PVDA Ride for Life is this weekend and the Dancing Horse Challenge is tonight at the Prince George's Equestrian Center.

PVDA Ride for Life Dressage Show and Benefit for Breast Cancer :: June 27 and 28, 2009

The Dancing Horse Challenge

Date: Saturday, June 27

Time: Doors Open at 5:00 p.m.

Location: Showplace Arena at the Prince George's Equestrian Center

Suggested Donation: $15 at the door, children under 12 are free.

Cocktail Reception - 6:00 p.m.

Dancing Horse Challenge - 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.

Ride for Life Gala Dinner - 8:00 p.m.
Celebrity Guest Speaker, Debbie McDonald

Performers include:

■Courtney King-Dye
■Cathy Morelli
■Belinda Nairn-Wertman
■Betsy Steiner
■Felicitas Von Neumann-Cosel
■A 2009 Brentina Cup representative (Amanda Johnson, Endel Ots, Jennifer Sirrine, Lauren Sprieser or Jocelyn Wiese)

Tribute ride by: Barbara Strawson and the Bowen McCauley Dancers

Past performances have included:

■Nicole Uphoff-Selke, Four-time Olympic Gold Medalist
■Chris Hickey and Regent, 2008 Pan Am Gold Medalist Horse/Rider
■Jane Hannigan and Maksymilian, 2008 World Cup Rider/Horse
■Dr. Cesar Parra and Ecu 8, Olympian

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I was planning on going but my puppy that I have fostering got spayed on Wednesday. I can't leave her by herself that long.

Wait4It..boom

Dangit! I missed it. I was just thinking about this and wondering when it would be. I didn't see any ads/posts this year. Hopefully it was a good turnout. It's been a lot of fun in the past few years that I've gone. I think it needs some more publicity.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Phyxius how did everything go at the Dancing Horse Challenge? It always seems to fall when we are out of town the end of June. Have they picked the dates for 2010? Oh, Phyxius did anyone get any video that might be going up on YouTube?

devinej

we had a good time. i agree about the lack of publicity though. i totally forgot about it

the regular dressage show part of it went on till around 5 or 5:30, then the dancing horse challenge started around 6. they had some fancy vendors inside and outside, but not a huge amount. there were a lot of good things in the silent auction too. and Debbie MacDonald was there signing autographs!!!

the dancing horse challenge i think was not as good or as long as last years, but it wasn't bad. the first "act" had a 4 person dance troupe performing with a horse to music, dedication to a few people who died of breast cancer, including debbie macdonald's sister.

there was an excellent pas des deux, they were really very good, and there were several excellent freestyle routines, including one from recent olympian courtney king-dye and former olympian belinda nairn-wertman. i can't remember who won, i think it was belinda.