Darn buzzards

Katelin

one day the dark will end
I had the pleasure of meeting a orphan vulture in 2007. I finally located the pics for you. His name was Fuzzy Butt, but later renamed "Floyd".
He was at a rehab in northern MD.
Here he is a juvenile, molting out his white fuzzy down and growing in his adult feathers. It will be a while until they can fly. As juveniles they will get into a lot of mischief!!!
I would think with the parents, you will not experience such behavior.

But I will tell you ( later) about the call I got for a "Vulture in the Bedroom" in 2008!!! Very funny!!! It was about 2 michevious juvenile vultures who smelled a cooking roast in some ladies kitchen....

Here is Fuzzy Butt:
874865888_m3VSq-M.jpg

And when he was moved outside to work on flying skills....
874866053_ZJ5q4-M.jpg

Photos on my SmugMug page

Last edited:

PrepH4U

I had the pleasure of meeting a orphan vulture in 2007. I finally located the pics for you. His name was Fuzzy Butt, but later renamed "Floyd".
He was at a rehab in northern MD.
Here he is a juvenile, molting out his white fuzzy down and growing in his adult feathers. It will be a while until they can fly. As juveniles they will get into a lot of mischief!!!
I would think with the parents, you will not experience such behavior.

But I will tell you ( later) about the call I got for a "Vulture in the Bedroom" in 2008!!! Very funny!!! It was about 2 michevious juvenile vultures who smelled a cooking roast in some ladies kitchen....

That is so cool, thanks for sharing the pics, I can't wait until they get their white feathers! I was thinking of naming them Betty Lou & Billy Bob :lol:

nomoney

My husband got a good pic of the lil' ones via his camera phone this weekend...

Attachments

• 0522101442a.jpg
    0522101442a.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 233

PrepH4U

Ok here are new pics at 1 week old. They have started making low growling sounds to try and sound like mom. :killingme

Attachments

• one week old b 5 27 resized.JPG
    one week old b 5 27 resized.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 217
  • one week old 5 27 resized.JPG
    one week old 5 27 resized.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 218

PrepH4U

Awww!! They are getting so big!! Have you decided on names yet??? :lol:

No I haven't. Was thinking of Billy Bob Buzzard & Betty Sue, but seeing I am not sure what sex they are maybe just generic names would be better. Any suggestions?

PrepH4U

Are they available for adoption? I want one ... I want one .....:tantrum

Nope I am not a good sharer! :lol: Maybe next year you may be lucky and graced with the poop machines! :lol: Good thing we were planning on replacing all the wood siding around that area. They are whitewashing it without the use of paint! :whistle: