Darn buzzards

PrepH4U

Any new pics of the babies?

Yep I will be posting them tonight, have been taking them every three days. They seem to be doubling in size every two days or so. They are now little pecker heads and growl and jump at us! They best learn some manners! :lol:

PrepH4U

Attachments

• 2 wks old 06 02 10.resized.JPG
    2 wks old 06 02 10.resized.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 352
  • 06 05 10 resized.JPG
    06 05 10 resized.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 341
  • 060810 standing up resized.JPG
    060810 standing up resized.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 358

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
aww baby pictures - I hope you're saving them all for your Buzzard Album - I'm sure the parents would like to have a copy as a keepsake :biggrin:

Anabaptist

In spite of trying to keep they away from our pasture and paddock area. It seems that I was not forceful enough. A pair has been hanging around with the horses. We have found them in the tack/hay area sleeping next to the barn cats, which startled them and us! :lol: One just hopped out and the other flew up to the locker and jumped over the wall gap into the horse run in.
They are not afraid of us and just hop out of our way! This morning while feeding the horses we found a neat little suprise! They have laid an egg! We kept on eye on them all day while working in the garden. (they sat and watched us) We would go in and check and they had turned/moved the egg to 3 different spots in the same general area.
I am torn should I remove the egg or just watch nature take its course? :shrug: After researching, we are looking at a total of 11 weeks for hatching and then feeding. I am afraid that they will start to attack my cats.
What do you all think?

We have a lot of property damage from vultures, but they are federally protected.

PrepH4U

We have a lot of property damage from vultures, but they are federally protected.

Yep they have roosted in the trees around our pasture, their waste does severe damage to trees. They have killed a few that we have had to take down. They are protected, but nothing wrong with scaring them away with a paintball gun. :shrug: I tried to make life very uncomfortable for the hundreds that insisted on roosting close to the house. Evidently I didn't make it too uncomfortable for them! :lol:

PrepH4U

Picture of Buzzy from Saturday. Ardy was hiding behind a container. They are moving around alot now, everyday we find them someplace new. They are decorating by whitewashing the whole area :ohwell: I see buying a lot of clorex in our future :whistle:

Attachments

• standing 6 11 10 resized.JPG
    standing 6 11 10 resized.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 335

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
How old are they when they go off on their own? Is this the type of bird that calls its birth place "home" forever?

Picture of Buzzy from Saturday. Ardy was hiding behind a container. They are moving around alot now, everyday we find them someplace new. They are decorating by whitewashing the whole area :ohwell: I see buying a lot of clorex in our future :whistle: