Darren Chiacchia recovery update.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Wow, when I read this I was truely amazed. If you click on this link there are some beautiful pictures of Darren back with his horses.

Welcome Team Chiacchia

Welcome Team Chiacchia

May 2, 2008

To all friends and fans of Darren Chiacchia

Darren's improvement over the last 2 weeks has been nothing short of miraculous. This improvement comes in large part from all of your well wishes and support, both emotionally and financially. Darren and his friends and family are eternally grateful for this support and are happy to share some of his progress with you.

With the clearance of his doctor's and after passing an arduous cognitive test, Darren has returned to his home base in Ocala, Florida. Here he is close to his business that has been kept running in tip top shape by his dear friends Chester Weber, Liza Horan and Jonathon Holling and long time employee, Cristin Stoop. He is also close to his horses that have been kept in fabulous condition by Cristin and all of the staff at Independence Farm.

After receiving top neurological care in Buffalo, NY, Darren is able to continue with top care in Ocala made possible by Lori Jones and Whit Palmer. In Ocala, he has been able to embark on the long journey to 100% recovery through extensive physical therapy.
Darren sees his regular physical therapist 6 hours per week, in addition tennis lessons have been assigned to improve hand-eye coordination, balance and reflexes three times per week, he has returned to workouts at the gym under supervision. He plans to begin swimming therapy next week. Darren has also been cleared to begin riding, obviously starting with the basics and working forward from there to facilitate muscle memory, balance and coordination. All of this has been possible by the amazing support from all of you through the Equestrian Aid Foundation. Darren is concerned by the recent accident of Laine Ashker and urges you to extend your well wishes and support to her and her family so that she may also make such encouraging progress.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I couldn't believe he was doing so well 40 days after such a major accident. Sure hope that Laine Ashker's recovery is as quick. I'm in tears everytime I read the update in her journal on her competition blog. Her mother's anguish talking about having to let her daughter know that her horse "Frodo" died in the accident. Having to see her daughter in pain recoverying from all her injuries and then when the time is right telling her that her horse didn't make it. What a hard thing that will be to recover from.

Laine Ashker's Competition Journal

devinej

i didn't realize it was that bad for Laine. wow. i wonder if they told her yet.

great news about darren, those pictures were so beautiful. What a recovery he has made! He is so lucky.