Darren Hayes New CD

K

kris31280

As I imagine the sea of blank stares...
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Darren Hayes = Lead Singer of the now defunct band Savage Garden.

Again, the sea of blank stares...
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Savage Garden = The band with the "chika cherry cola" song or the "Truly Madly Deeply" song.

Whatever... I've been madly insanely passionately in love with this man's music and public persona since 1997.

His new CD, This Delicate Thing We've Made, is AMAZING! I'd suggest driving up to Waldorf's Best Buy to pick it up (because the Leonardtown Best Buy just didn't feel a need to stock it)

K

kris31280

Mikeinsmd said:
Thanks for dumbing it down for all of us morons. And you wonder why we jump on you. :smack: :duh:
I dumb it down because 9 times out of 10 when I say "Darren Hayes" people look at me and go "Who?" (well except for the one time when someone said "I hate that guy", but that was because Darren had stolen his ex girlfriend and therefore his hatred was justifiable)

And I don't wonder why I get jumped on, I've come to see the people on this board like to jump at nearly every opportunity they possibly can for whatever reason. I'm not knocking it... obviously I keep coming back for more so either I'm a masochist or I'm in the same ranks.

Joe'smom

(Darren had stolen his ex girlfriend and therefore his hatred was justifiable)

STOLE his girlfriend???? HE"S GAY!!!Now I'm not sayin it aint possible but
'SURVEY SAYS........"
His last album had some hot tracks on it though --I was surprised it wasn't more popular than it was. Especially "Insatiable" ---just HOT!!!!:hot:

K

kris31280

Joe'smom said:
(Darren had stolen his ex girlfriend and therefore his hatred was justifiable)

STOLE his girlfriend???? HE"S GAY!!!Now I'm not sayin it aint possible but
'SURVEY SAYS........"
His last album had some hot tracks on it though --I was surprised it wasn't more popular than it was. Especially "Insatiable" ---just HOT!!!!:hot:
He's gay now... he was bi then... that's almost always the case with "bi" men... "Bi now, gay later" as the saying goes.

The album you're referring to isn't his last album at all. His last album was actually "The Tension and the Spark" which was shelved by his record label because it was during the hot political climate where homosexual rights were heavily questioned and he came right on out about his ambiguous sexuality on the album on a song called "I Like the Way". The line "I want her she wants him, he wants me I give in" was considered too dangerous for the American audiences.

It was a pretty great album all around, however.

The album "Spin" that you're referring to had some pretty great songs. Insatiable is one of them, but my personal favorite is "Strange Relationship".

Anyway, Darren released this new album off his own label, Powdered Sugar. I think he figured that way he couldn't get screwed again.

K

kris31280

Random only partially related sidenote...

I wrote Darren a message thanking him for the song "On the Verge of Something Wonderful" and told him how it has affected me and become my new mantra (he maintains and blogs on his myspace page).

He actually left me a comment back on my myspace page... I'm pretty sure I could die happy now.