Daycare Rates

kelleymauck

mind freak
I was wondering what everyone pays for daycare? I'm interviewing a couple home daycares tomorrow because we're just not too thrilled with our current provider and was trying to get a ball park figure of what is the norm? We pay $120 now for our 2 yr. old chicklet. The one lady says $165 and the other is $110.

danceintherain

I live in St. Marys. My kids are school age. I pay $140.00 a week for both of them during the school year and $200.00 a week during the summer.

danceintherain

I paid $110.00 a week for a potty trained 2 year old at an in home daycare setting. While at a daycare center I paid $145.00 a week.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I pay $115/week for my son who just turned one and $80/week for my daughter who is 4. They are both in a inhome daycare.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I pay 145 for 2 kids one of which is in school all day. My rate does not change in the summer though. When both were not in school I paid 160 for both.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We pay $75.00 a week for part time (4.5 hrs/day) for a 2 year old. My wife teaches so the summer is no issue, but we do not have to pay during the summer which seems to be the norm for daycare providers for other teachers.
She even took lil kom as a pt infant, which is rare I hear. (yes I realize we are very lucky)

josmom

We pay 100 a week for a 5 year old that goes to Pre-K 1/2 day. But after this summer, I will only pay $60 for before/after care. She is in a in-home center.

Mikeinsmd

CableChick said:
$223/week for infant and $139/week for 3 year old - both for a daycare center.
OMFG~!!! :yikes: $1,448.00/month!! Thats a nice house payment!! You poor rich thing you.... :lmao:

Mikeinsmd said:
OMFG~!!! :yikes: $1,448.00/month!! Thats a nice house payment!! You poor rich thing you.... :lmao:

Only the best for my kids. :snort: :lol:

Daycare ain't cheap! I wouldn't entrust my childs well being w/ just anyone. But it does put a dent in the pocket book!

Mikeinsmd

CableChick said:
Only the best for my kids. :snort: :lol:
Daycare ain't cheap! I wouldn't entrust my childs well being w/ just anyone. But it does put a dent in the pocket book!
OUCH~!!

girliegirl

kelleymauck said:
I was wondering what everyone pays for daycare? I'm interviewing a couple home daycares tomorrow because we're just not too thrilled with our current provider and was trying to get a ball park figure of what is the norm? We pay $120 now for our 2 yr. old chicklet. The one lady says $165 and the other is $110.

I pay $85 a week translated to $340 a month for a 1st grader @ a Lic. Daycare Center/PreSchool. Considering he is only there for about 1 1/2 hours a day, it is a little pricey to me, but they are always open, except for the major holidays and my child loves it there. I pay the same amount for his private school tuition, so between the two I pay $700 a month for his schooling. Does more than hurt my pocketbook, but it is what I feel best for my child. :dance:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
watercolor said:
The two daycare places I called (both home daycare centers) have priced me about 120 & 175 for infants.

You'd better get serious, find one, and sign a contract. If you wait until the last minute you'll be hosed.