NASCAR Daytona 500

homedepot20

To make it easier to find And not get confused. I'll make a separate THREAD labeled NASCAR 2020 FANTASY SEASONAL PICKS .( Edit your changes with another POST in that THREAD)
Then Calvcopf or whomever will make the WEEKLY RACE THREAD before the upcoming race ( as in the past)πŸ™‚
Everyone has SEASONAL PICKS in this thread , so disregard my comment on creating a separate thread for SEASONAL PICKS. ( Make any changes during the season in this thread ) πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

stgislander

PREMO Member
Everyone has SEASONAL PICKS in this thread , so disregard my comment on creating a separate thread for SEASONAL PICKSπŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
Creating a 2020 Season Picks thread is not a bad idea. Keeps the scorekeeper from going back to the Daytona 500 thread and wading though the comments.

homedepot20

So if We're ALL in agreement, 2 NASCAR threads will be used. One for SEASONAL PICKS , which will be used for the ENTIRE SEASON (editing allowed ANY TIME).The other thread used for WEEKLY race with Updated Point Standing ( prior to race & after each race) AND any one making seperate ADDITIONAL picks for that race . (Right now it appears to be only MONELLO OldHillcrestGuy and myself )

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Neither would change for the year unless EDITED. Maybe OLDHILLCRESTGUY wants to see his name TWICE at LASTPlace πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Wait, so now I'm confused. I understood that there was one list that never changed throughout the year, and a second list that could be for weekly race pick changes.

Now you are saying that there can be two lists of drivers, one fixed and one that may or may not change throughout the year. Ugh!

Why doesn't everyone just pick 10 drivers then?

homedepot20

I believe the main objective was to get away from submitting on a RACELY basis. ANY ADDITIONAL picks/ entries just allows more competitive entries since it appears we can't draw interest outside our Five .πŸ€”

homedepot20

If we are getting ourselves confused, we can go back to our old format of only 1 entry per person and that entry will be used for ENTIRE season with EDITING allowed at ANY time . I believe MONELLO wanted additional entries to increase our playing field beyond us five.

We still have plenty of time to debate before 500 on Sunday to reach a agreement πŸ™‚

stgislander

PREMO Member
I mean if we're going to do something like a true fantasy league, then we would pick drivers like picking dodge ball teams. Start with either the 1st or last place finisher from last year, and they get one pick. Next person, one pick. Until everyone has five drivers. If you want to drop a driver a particular week (say this guy's no good on road courses), you gotta pick one from the "unselected" list keeping your five "franchise" drivers. My two cents.

If everyone else is picking ten drivers then I'll pick ten.

homedepot20

I mean if we're going to do something like a true fantasy league, then we would pick drivers like picking dodge ball teams. Start with either the 1st or last place finisher from last year, and they get one pick. Next person, one pick. Until everyone has five drivers. If you want to drop a driver a particular week (say this guy's no good on road courses), you gotta pick one from the "unselected" list keeping your five "franchise" drivers. My two cents.

If everyone else is picking ten drivers then I'll pick ten.
Sounds interesting, however you would need to get everyone TOGETHER at the same time . πŸ€”

Do not see that happening!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I plan on picking 2 sets of drivers. 1 set will be updated weekly. The other 5 will stay the same for the entire season.

homedepot20

I plan on picking 2 sets of drivers. 1 set will be updated weekly. The other 5 will stay the same for the entire season.
Like wise here !
HD20/Stewart Haas Racing
Harvick
Bowyer
Almirola
Custer
Elliott
HOMEDEPOT20 RACING
Kyle Busch
Hamlin
Truex
Jones
Logano

3 OF US HAVE A 2ND RACING TEAM
MONELLO, OLDHILLCRESTGUY, HOMEDEPOT20....CALVCOPF & STGISLANDER HAVE YET TO COMMIT TO A 2ND TEAM OF ENTRIES..

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

So these are your picks that don't change for the entire year correct? The first list was your 500 race picks?

You all are confusing me. My first picks with Truex on top are for the whole year, but I can change if so desired as the season goes on. These are so I dont have worry about getting my picks in on time. If I understand correctly we can put a second pick for the season but can also change as desired. and dont have to worry about getting them in on time also. Homie am I correct.