Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

Subject to change.

Harvick (1)
Truex Jr.
Busch Ky.
Larson Ky.
Bowyer (benched) Elliott back in.
Sorry Mr Elliott but you haven't done much lately your being benched from my top 5.

Edited Saturday Morning. Guess when I put my picks in yesterday morning, I pissed Mr Elliott off by benching him for tonights race. Well he then goes out and wins the pole for tonight. So Im putting you back on my team and benching Bowyer.

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

Well just a quick look at everyone's picks after the race, looks like maybe Homie was the big winner this week with 2 points. Harvick pick to win looked pretty good till the last crash just before the last big crash that took Harvick, Bowyer and several others out.

homedepot20

Standing AFTER Daytona
OldHillCrestGuy 67+1=68
Calvcopf 58+1=59
Stgislander 57+0=57
HomeDepot20 55+2=57
Monello 54+1=55

Next Race is SATURDAY NIGHT 14 July @ Kentucky

homedepot20

Hopefully Erik Jones WIN will now light a fire under his young a$$ and return that JGR 20 car back to its WINNING /TOP 5 ways of the past when Tony Stewart & Matt Kenseth made everyone FEAR the 20 when sighted in its rear view window !!!!!!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It's refreshing to see some new names in the top 5. It should make this week's picks a bit more challenging.

gemma_rae

Capture.jpg

b23hqb

PREMO Member
You didn't watch, did you?

Doesn't matter who watches or how one gets to the finish line first, whoever does is the winner regardless of how they got there. Frustrating and maddening many times, but it is what it is in the left turn league.

gemma_rae

Doesn't matter who watches or how one gets to the finish line first, whoever does is the winner regardless of how they got there. Frustrating and maddening many times, but it is what it is in the left turn league.

You missed the point. If Monello had watched, or anyone for that matter (like you maybe), they'd know that the top 25 were taken out in a single crash and those refreshing new names won't be there next week.:neener:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You didn't watch, did you?

Newp.

Wrecks are possible every race. I've heard that's the only reason people go to see the races in person. Besides, what good is a bumper if you don't bump someone?

gemma_rae

Newp.

Wrecks are possible every race. I've heard that's the only reason people go to see the races in person. Besides, what good is a bumper if you don't bump someone?

:lol: That wasn't a wreck, that was a $2.5 million demolition derby.

NASCAR thinks wrecks are what Gen-Xer's wanted see, and they did, but Gen-X lost interest and has come and gone, and so should restrictor plates because they have out lived their purpose. NASCAR is not in decline as much as simply returning to it's original fan base.

In a plate race they're all in a bunch, down force, drag, and aero displacement, manipulating things like the air itself are more difficult. Bumping is one thing, but in the wrong place it can kill people. Anyone that wants to see that is no fan.

P.S. Now let me get off my soap box before I fall off.:diva:

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
:lol: That wasn't a wreck, that was a $2.5 million demolition derby.

NASCAR thinks wrecks are what Gen-Xer's wanted see, and they did, but Gen-X lost interest and has come and gone, and so should restrictor plates because they have out lived their purpose. NASCAR is not in decline as much as simply returning to it's original fan base.

In a plate race they're all in a bunch, down force, drag, and aero displacement, manipulating things like the air itself are more difficult. Bumping is one thing, but in the wrong place it can kill people. Anyone that wants to see that is no fan.

P.S. Now let me get off my soap box before I fall off.:diva:

Doesn't matter. The big ones happen. I watched bits and pieces - did not see the big one actually occur but saw the replays. New guy won fair and square, just like plenty of old guys have won in the past when major elements of the competition are knocked out. Nothing new, and I did not miss your point at all. It is what it is, and NASCAR has to live with their policy of not wanting the best car design and engine to win. Just that all the cars are identical, and giving the inferior vehicles an un-level playing field by penalizing the superior designs, aerodynamics, and engines. Those superior manufactures are forced to lower their standards for others to catch up. Like more than a few aspects of our society today.

Last edited:

gemma_rae

Doesn't matter. The big ones happen. I watched bits and pieces - did not see the big one actually occur but saw the replays. New guy won fair and square, just like plenty of old guys have won in the past when major elements of the competition are knocked out. Nothing new, and I did not miss your point at all. It is what it is, and NASCAR has to live with their policy of not wanting the best car design and engine to win. Just that all the cars are identical, and giving the inferior vehicles an un-level playing field by penalizing the superior designs, aerodynamics, and engines. Those superior manufactures are forced to lower their standards for others to catch up. Like more than a few aspects of our society today.

You absolutely missed my points. Both of them

First, restrictor plates have got to go, roof flaps and side skirts resolved the issue of getting air borne. Second, those refreshing new faces won't be in the top five next week.