DC Police Chief's Car Stolen

Vince

Sounds like someone knew it was his car. Who steals a Crown Victoria? I mean it's not a BMW, Lexis, or Mercedes or other high priced vehicle.

K

Kizzy

I've heard this reported a few times now and most of the time when a car is stolen they say, the keys are or are not with the vehicle.

Me thinks he left the keys in the car. :razz:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Kizzy said:
I've heard this reported a few times now and most of the time when a car is stolen they say, the keys are or are not with the vehicle.

As opposed to any of the other choices? :lmao:

SeaRide

CityGrl said:
Only in DC...

District of Columbia Police Chief Charles H. Ramsey has personal insight into the city's car theft problem.

His unmarked black 1999 Ford Crown Victoria was stolen near his home.

LOL :kneeslapper:

:killingme

K

Kizzy

FromTexas said:
As opposed to any of the other choices? :lmao:

:confused: Maybe I don't get your joke. Gotta link? :neener:

I have a trash can head today, so I wasn't clear.

It was never mentioned if the keys were with the vehicle or not. Usually when something is left out, it is for a reason. If the keys were in the vehicle, it would make the chief look like a dum dum.

Since it wasn't mentioned at all, I think the keys just might have been left in the car at the time.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Kizzy said:

Kizzy said:

I got your quote -- Thank god we got those people who will say that someone's keys either are or are not with their vehicle. Where else would they be? :neener:

K

Kizzy

FromTexas said:
I got your quote -- Thank god we got those people who will say that someone's keys either are or are not with their vehicle. Where else would they be? :neener:

Very true. Only one of two choices.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Vince said:
Sounds like someone knew it was his car. Who steals a Crown Victoria? I mean it's not a BMW, Lexis, or Mercedes or other high priced vehicle.
Crown Vics get stolen all the time here in the hood. They tint the windows black and cruise around.

dustin

UAIOE
Kizzy said:

I have a trash can head today, so I wasn't clear.

It was never mentioned if the keys were with the vehicle or not. Usually when something is left out, it is for a reason. If the keys were in the vehicle, it would make the chief look like a dum dum.

Since it wasn't mentioned at all, I think the keys just might have been left in the car at the time.

didnt it say another officer parked it there for him? :confused:

The vehicle had been parked near Ramsey's home by a police officer Friday evening while the chief was out of town.

K

Kizzy

dustin said:
didnt it say another officer parked it there for him? :confused:

Yep, CNN's article does. I read about this in the post, which I see that was now put in the updated article there as well.

Guess so after this was said in the Post.

"It's embarrassing," said Sgt. Gregory I. Greene, chairman of the D.C. police labor committee for Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 1. "The chief is responsible for his own equipment."

S

scupper trout

Maybe he'll do more about car theft now...(doubt it though)..LOL