Dead friends and family

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have at least a dozen people on my FB friends list who are deceased - some of them for a great number of years. Do you delete people from your social media when they die or keep them on?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I had a co-worker back in 09 pass from Pancreatic Cancer ... after a yr I purged him and a bunch of other people

after a while people quit posting condolences ....

personal choice obviously

unless there is some 'memories' you want to go back and relive :shrug: why keep them around

alternately ... they are no longer posting so nothing should be popping up in your feed :shrug: does it matter if they sit there dormant

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I can't say I ever thought about it before.... I do have several FB friends who are gone now. It's not like they are taking up valuable space.. ;-p

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My sister, mom & aunt passed away and I can't see myself to ever bring myself to delete them. Friends? I can't think of any offhand that are still on the list. :ohwell:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I have at least a dozen people on my FB friends list who are deceased - some of them for a great number of years. Do you delete people from your social media when they die or keep them on?

I keep my premo just so I don't lose some text messages from people who aren't here anymore.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
More #fakenews from the right.

GraveVoting.jpg

NextJen

Raisin cane
Do you delete people from your social media when they die or keep them on?

I am just trying to get through this first couple of weeks so far :bawl: .....but I am sure I will not delete Richard from my friend list.

My best friend lost her husband a little over a year ago. Her and her kids and other family members will still post on her husbands page whenever they are thinking about him. I think it's kinda nice to still be able to do that.

Forkian

I love it when people send out a Happy Birthday! to people on Facebook that have obviously been dead for awhile. :doh:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I love it when people send out a Happy Birthday! to people on Facebook that have obviously been dead for awhile. :doh:

I hate it when someone dies and people immediately blast it all over Facebook, before certain people have been notified.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I do that all the time. It's like a little reconnection: I'm thinking about that person, so I write a note on their wall.

Dakota

~~~~~~~

I keep them. Like you, I have a dozen or more. :ohwell:

Bobwhite

I hate it when someone dies and people immediately blast it all over Facebook, before certain people have been notified.
When my son died, it was on Facebook before I was notified. Fortunately, I don't have a Facebook account so I didn't see it. Others might not be so lucky. I can't imagine learning of the passing of a loved one in that manner.