dead pullet - warning, graphic pictures

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Ok I hope there are some farm people out there to help me with this. I came home to find one of my 29 week old pullets dead. She had stuff hanging out of her vent and I took pictures of it.

A friend of mine saw the pictures and thinks the stuff coming out of her is her guts. I have no clue what happened, although this pullet had been pulling feathers out of others and eating them regularly - she went for the down feathers.

Attachments

• DeadPullet1.jpg
    DeadPullet1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 266
  • DeadPullet2.jpg
    DeadPullet2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 207
  • DeadPullet3.jpg
    DeadPullet3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 213

Katelin

one day the dark will end
I have heard (honestly) that hens will peck at red stuff..and if another bird is bleeding, they will peck it to death...one reason people trim hens beaks.

Here is one pecking story...

No joke..but farmers used to put red glasses on chickens to stop them from this behavior...:jameo:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have heard (honestly) that hens will peck at red stuff..and if another bird is bleeding, they will peck it to death...one reason people trim hens beaks.

Here is one pecking story...

No joke..but farmers used to put red glasses on chickens to stop them from this behavior...:jameo:

Wow you seem to have added as your footer, the same thing people think about YOU and your posts.

I prefer you keep your trap shut as far as my posts are concerned because we all know you are not sincere unless you are bashing someone, and for that you need help. I am offering you no help, and I wish that you would do the same for me.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Wow you seem to have added as your footer, the same thing people think about YOU and your posts.

I prefer you keep your trap shut as far as my posts are concerned because we all know you are not sincere unless you are bashing someone, and for that you need help. I am offering you no help, and I wish that you would do the same for me.

I offered info because it is valid info.
Just as valid as my legit donation to your rescue.
You post in public, I can reply in public.
You have a public web site with a public PayPal link, I can donate.
Just really sad Lisa that you DONT need the money, as I saw you refused my donation.

Too bad, so sad....
Sorry your chicken had to die. Hopefully the others will live if you do some research on hens pecking others to death...or contact an expert on the subject.
Thanks for posting the gory photos !!!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I offered info because it is valid info.
Just as valid as my legit donation to your rescue.
You post in public, I can reply in public.
You have a public web site with a public PayPal link, I can donate.
Just really sad Lisa that you DONT need the money, as I saw you refused my donation.

Too bad, so sad....
Sorry your chicken had to die. Hopefully the others will live if you do some research on hens pecking others to death...or contact an expert on the subject.
Thanks for posting the gory photos !!!

For someone who does animal rescue, I am surprised a few candid photos would bother you - gee that's yet ANOTHER reason to ignore MY POSTS eh?

Just how many times need you be told before you get it? Your comments are not welcome, nor is your money. If I accept your money I have to accept your posts, and I don't want either in my life. My life, My choice.