Deadpool and Wolverine

thurley42

HY;FR
Went to the first showing last night and it was amazing......Coming in, I had high expectations and it completely surpassed them! Disney's excuse of "superhero fatigue" will be demonstrably destroyed as this movie will no doubt smash box office records for a Rated R movie.

It's over the top in violence, humor, cameos, and production. As much as I hate giving money to Disney, this gets back to making a movie for people to enjoy and doesn't preach or push any crap down the viewers throat. They actually make fun of Disney quite a bit.

Anyway, if you're looking to shut it down and enjoy some mindless violence and hilarity for 2 hours, this is your flick!

Homer J

Power Chord
From what I understand, some of the story is tied to several of the shows that aired on Disney+. If I haven't watched any of them, does the movie still make sense, or will some key plot points be missing?

thurley42

HY;FR
From what I understand, some of the story is tied to several of the shows that aired on Disney+. If I haven't watched any of them, does the movie still make sense, or will some key plot points be missing?
If you haven't watched any of Loki, some of the characters associated with the Multiverse Police called the TVA will be new, but you won't be lost or enjoy it any less.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Oh no no no. We like Marvel movies, and I'm already jonesing for a YUGE bucket of theater popcorn with extra artificial butter.
I’m gonna wait until it hits streaming.

That way, I can pause the movie when I need to, make a run for more beer and popcorn and not have theater management, screaming, and chasing me for stopping the projector.

Tech

RDJ coming back to the MCU

FB_IMG_1722288250054.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It's over the top in violence, humor, cameos, and production. As much as I hate giving money to Disney, this gets back to making a movie for people to enjoy and doesn't preach or push any crap down the viewers throat. They actually make fun of Disney quite a bit.

I took my 19 yr old daughter to this a couple of hours ago ... lots of fun, but a bit too much breaking the 4th wall for me

stgislander

PREMO Member
Went to the first showing last night and it was amazing......Coming in, I had high expectations and it completely surpassed them! Disney's excuse of "superhero fatigue" will be demonstrably destroyed as this movie will no doubt smash box office records for a Rated R movie.

Anyway, if you're looking to shut it down and enjoy some mindless violence and hilarity for 2 hours, this is your flick!
You hit the nail on the head. The wife and I saw it last night and it was just what we needed. There was so much going on in it. We've watched practically all of the Marvel movies (with the exception of some of the newer X-Men movies), so we picked up on most of the "inside baseball" jokes. The soundtrack was fantastic. We will probably purchase the Blu-ray disc when it comes out because I'm sure there are some things we missed.

stgislander

PREMO Member
You hit the nail on the head. The wife and I saw it last night and it was just what we needed. There was so much going on in it. We've watched practically all of the Marvel movies (with the exception of some of the newer X-Men movies), so we picked up on most of the "inside baseball" jokes. The soundtrack was fantastic. We will probably purchase the Blu-ray disc when it comes out because I'm sure there are some things we missed.
And what made the movie even better... sitting in the theater drinking a cold Mully's Blood Orange Blonde. :yum:

glhs837

Power with Control

One of my favorites was "Disney brought him back, they're gonna make him do this til he's 90" Also Cavills cameo

stgislander

PREMO Member
One of my favorites was "Disney brought him back, they're gonna make him do this til he's 90" Also Cavills cameo
And he used the "90" dig twice. I found Cavill's cameo the craziest. My wife about lost it at the end when Deadpool asks Wolverine if he wanted some Shawarma.