Dealerships just flat out trying to rob

glhs837

Power with Control
people out here :)

ford robbery.jpg

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
:sshrug: What? I think that's a fair price for nitrogen filled tires.... Everyone needs that.

I'm surprised there isn't an undercoating fee too.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, at least I don’t see a couple grand added for ‘Market Adjustment’.

Nope, but every single thing above "Total Purchase" is a rip. Tint cost them about $50 including labor. Nitrogen tire fill, assuming the machine to do it is paid off, which is usually done within a month of getting one at a cost of 10K , is free to them. Wheel locks, about $20 tops. Tailgate lock maybe $50. Bedliner $200.

They are getting their 2K, believe me.

The nitrogen is the one that kills me the most. Literally snake oil in gas form.

Blister

If you didn't ask for the N2, tell them to get it the hell out of your new tires. Did you ask for window tint? Or any of the other options?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If you didn't ask for the N2, tell them to get it the hell out of your new tires. Did you ask for window tint? Or any of the other options?
Sales right now are very different. You don't have the option of picking and choosing a new car, there just aren't any. The dealer puts whatever he wants in the car, and if you don't buy it, someone else will. Take it or leave it.

TPD

the poor dad
Sales right now are very different. You don't have the option of picking and choosing a new car, there just aren't any. The dealer puts whatever he wants in the car, and if you don't buy it, someone else will. Take it or leave it.
Well that’s what I thought. The car I bought 2 months ago was the only car of this model on the dealer lot and the only one with the options we wanted in a 750 mile radius. I refused to pay sticker price - told the salesman I would pay $2k UNDER MSRP. Just give me a yes or no answer so as not to waste anyone’s time. Took him about 5min with the manager to give me a yes. I really was shocked. And oh yeah - take the nitrogen out of the tires. I’m not paying $300 for that crap! They added the $300 to my trade in. I was pleased with the deal, not so much the process to get there.

Reactions: BOP

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Well that’s what I thought. The car I bought 2 months ago was the only car of this model on the dealer lot and the only one with the options we wanted in a 750 mile radius. I refused to pay sticker price - told the salesman I would pay $2k UNDER MSRP. Just give me a yes or no answer so as not to waste anyone’s time. Took him about 5min with the manager to give me a yes. I really was shocked. And oh yeah - take the nitrogen out of the tires. I’m not paying $300 for that crap! They added the $300 to my trade in. I was pleased with the deal, not so much the process to get there.
I'm very surprised they went below MSRP. You must have a reputation or something....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
2003 Chevy Silverado, here.
I’ve still got my 2004 F150 , almost 200,000 miles on it. And I will have it until either it or I rusts away.

Last year I figured it was time for something new, with nicer, more comfortable seats.