Dealerships just flat out trying to rob

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My 2003 Trailblazer is the newest vehicle in my fleet.

The 2000 Jetta is my daily with it's 45 mpg and 270k on the odo.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I’ve still got my 2004 F150 , almost 200,000 miles on it. And I will have it until either it or I rusts away.

Last year I figured it was time for something new, with nicer, more comfortable seats.
I have been able to keep my truck Garage kept, which I think has saved me from the rust.
Keeping it out of the elements.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have been able to keep my truck Garage kept, which I think has saved me from the rust.
Keeping it out of the elements.
My 1998 C20 is just the opposite. It was a state road truck so it lived outdoors all it's life. Every time I close the door I lose about a pound of body. On the bright side, the state garage does ALL manufacturer recommended maintenance. It still runs great at 196k.

glhs837

Power with Control
I believe its a larger molecule and doesn't need refilling like compressed air.

RIght, but if you adjust your pressures twice a year, then theres no effective difference. Ive got tires around here I havet touched in years yet they still have plenty of air.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
That AAA article I used caught me too. They equated 'air' to 'oxygen'. Too bad air is only about 20% oxygen.

black dog

Free America
RIght, but if you adjust your pressures twice a year, then theres no effective difference. Ive got tires around here I havet touched in years yet they still have plenty of air.
I get it, my dually fronts need to be pumped at least once year. The rears every two years or so.
I would bet the majority of drivers dont adjust twice a year, I believe that died with free air and oil checks at service stations.

glhs837

Power with Control
I get it, my dually fronts need to be pumped at least once year. The rears every two years or so.
I would bet the majority of drivers dont adjust twice a year, I believe that died with free air and oil checks at service stations.

I think if youre losing that much, its a sealing issue, not a molecular size issue. Relatively huge tires, lots of load. And no, they don't. Thats why every fall, folks with pressure sensors flock to the air pumps :)

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
So it’s a scam.

An expensive one.
So on the last point, about water and oxygen it’s got a slight point, but they didn’t understand so they said it wrong. Nitrogen given time will break down water vapor to its component molecules. It’s the reason that it’s used to pressurize high power radar waveguides, water vapor left in the system causes arcing.