Dean Martin didn’t attend JFK’s inauguration for this reason...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Dean Martin didn’t attend JFK’s inauguration for this reason, doc reveals: ‘It was pretty remarkable’

Dean Martin is the subject of a new documentary by Director Tom Donahue airing on Turner Classic Movies (TCM)

For Dean Martin, family always came first.

His friend, Sammy Davis Jr., wasn’t invited to John F. Kennedy’s 1961 inauguration and in response, the singer refused to go out of loyalty to the fellow Rat Pack member.

In 1960, Davis said "I do" to May Britt, a white actress, which immediately sparked backlash. In a 1989 book titled "Why Me?" which the singer co-wrote with his friends, Davis claimed that the new president asked him and the Swedish star not to participate in the inauguration out of fear that an interracial couple would anger Democrat Southerners.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
His friend, Sammy Davis Jr., wasn’t invited to John F. Kennedy’s 1961 inauguration and in response, the singer refused to go out of loyalty to the fellow Rat Pack member.

Reason #437 why Dean Martin is better than Frank Sinatra.

I have a whole dissertation on the mediocrity of Sinatra but I'll spare you.

Kinnakeet

Reason #437 why Dean Martin is better than Frank Sinatra.

I have a whole dissertation on the mediocrity of Sinatra but I'll spare you.
Sinatra 1 of the best singers and voice of all time bar none....And he and Kennedy got to hose some good poon tang in their time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sinatra 1 of the best singers and voice of all time bar none....

No he's not. He just had good publicists who paid girls to scream for him, so everyone back home thought he was all that. Not only was he a mediocre singer, he was an evil human being.

Dean Martin FTW :yay:

Kinnakeet

No he's not. He just had good publicists who paid girls to scream for him, so everyone back home thought he was all that. Not only was he a mediocre singer, he was an evil human being.

Dean Martin FTW :yay:
Im pretty sure millions of human beings agree with me