Dear GWguy

Are you aware that downtown Leonardtown is soon getting a genuine NY Style pizza parlor owned/operated by genuine NYers? Hmmm?

I was not aware, but thanx for the info.

Having tried many "NY style" offerings, I'll hold back the enthusiasm until I've tried it. :biggrin:
This is for REAL. They are going to be called "The Slice House" and plan to open in spring... I've been following (and chatting) with them on Facebook and can't wait to meet them... here is their "blurb":

"We are so excited about all the positive comments from our first post! I’d like to share a little bit about who we are and what our vision is. First and most importantly is before and after we open we will always be available for feedback and support. This will be a family owned business run by myself ( Ken ) my wife Maegyne pronounced Megan ( long story 😜 ) and our 25 year old son John.
So what do we know about pizza? I was born in the Bronx and raised in Long Island. I am ...second generation Italian / German and both sides of the family were amazing cooks. My Great Great Grandfather opened his first bakery in the Bronx in the late 1800’s. His long distinguished career was highlighted by being the President of the New York Master Bakers Association ( don’t go there ) for many years. We also owned a luncheonette on Fordham Rd for over 50 years.
Fast forward to today, we love food are all three love to cook and eat. We’ve talked about doing this for years. We have been and continue to do extensive research on ingredients, dough recipes, equipment and science to bring an authentic New York style fresh tasting pizza to Leonardtown!
Renovations should take a couple of months and in February we plan to “experiment” with your tasting and feedback before officially opening in March. If you see the lights on stop in and say hi! Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated! Oh yeah, we've lived in Leonardtown for the past 2 years and LOVE Southern Maryland!"

I can't help but read their posts in a strong NY accent because theY call pizza "pie" and they've been putting up pictures of homemade meatballs, homemade bagels (first pic was the bagels boiling so I knew they were legit) and other stuff that just really makes me thing of NY.

We'll see. It's all about the crust made from NY water. No NY water in MD. Although, there was a NYer who opened a NY pizza place in Palmyra, Virginia, and his was the best I'd had outside of NY. So, it's possible.

Looking forward to trying it.

We'll see. It's all about the crust made from NY water. No NY water in MD. Although, there was a NYer who opened a NY pizza place in Palmyra, Virginia, and his was the best I'd had outside of NY. So, it's possible.

Looking forward to trying it.
The whole family seems very personable so in the least you'll be able to drop in and chat it up with folks from home.

Are you aware that downtown Leonardtown is soon getting a genuine NY Style pizza parlor owned/operated by genuine NYers? Hmmm?
I don't Facebook. Did they happen to mention how they cook them? A real pizza oven, I hope? Those assembly line conveyor belt ovens just don't do a good pie justice.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't Facebook. Did they happen to mention how they cook them? A real pizza oven, I hope? Those assembly line conveyor belt ovens just don't do a good pie justice.

I know you don't, but you might be able to view their page.

I know you don't, but you might be able to view their page.
Thanx. I can kinda see it, a request to log in takes a significant amount of the screen.
Don't see any ovens in the pics, no mention. I'd be really interested in trying their Sicilian style.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanx. I can kinda see it, a request to log in takes a significant amount of the screen.
Don't see any ovens in the pics, no mention. I'd be really interested in trying their Sicilian style.
I haven't found the oven comments yet. I did see a comment "We are 100% committed to true New York style pizza but that doesn’t mean we can’t make a Sicilian or Detroit style pizza!"