Dear GWguy

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We could do that.
They settled on a Marsal pizza oven. I just don't know which one.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I just saw this comment "I was just in DC to check out Wiseguy Pizza. No shipped in water, but awesome execution. We will be looking into a filtration system and mineral yeast food to replicate NYC water as close as possible."

I just saw this comment "I was just in DC to check out Wiseguy Pizza. No shipped in water, but awesome execution. We will be looking into a filtration system and mineral yeast food to replicate NYC water as close as possible."
Very cool. I'm thinking a premium pizza with this kind of tech will not be $5.99.

Oh yeah...... I hope they plan on using Polly-O cheese. It's not NY without Polly-O. :biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Very cool. I'm thinking a premium pizza with this kind of tech will not be $5.99.

Oh yeah...... I hope they plan on using Polly-O cheese. It's not NY without Polly-O. :biggrin:
I saw a comment about having a brick oven. I have a steak for dinner, but now I really want pizza! :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Maybe they're going to fill a vat, throw a few rats in to swim around until they die, remove the rats, and Voila! NY water!
There are probably more than a few wise guys feeding the fish, too. :lol: I did find this on their page.

The Slice House I was just in DC to check out Wiseguy Pizza. No shipped in water, but awesome execution. We will be looking into a filtration system and mineral yeast food to replicate NYC water as close as possible.

They also said they bought a Marsal oven, but don't know which one they got.

There are probably more than a few wise guys feeding the fish, too. :lol: I did find this on their page.

You and Rose share a brain. Your's is just a bit slower....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Someone else just posted that! :lol:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Isabellas in Baltimore has the best pizza in Maryland. Anna's has the best pizza in Virginia. We have found some great pizza on the road. Dunellon, FL; Corpus Christi; Elgin, TX; Brentwood, TN; Orange, NJ are a few that come to mind. I think Vrai would agree with my choices. She might remember a few that I overlooked

Monello

PREMO Member
Are you aware that downtown Leonardtown is soon getting a genuine NY Style pizza parlor owned/operated by genuine NYers? Hmmm?
NY style. I guess they will pay fire protection monthly in cash when Bruno & Guido show up for payment. Don't be late paying or else you fall udown the stairs 3 times.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Speaking of great pizza...a Poppa Murphy's recently opened up in downtown Ashland, VA and we had our first two from them this past weekend. Friggin' awesome...as we'd hoped/expected. They are a very well-liked franchise in the Seattle area for decades but we held out little hope they'd ever move east.

Hopefully they'll start some more...and one a bit closer.

Monello

PREMO Member
They settled on a Marsal pizza oven. I just don't know which one.

On one of our tours while we were in Vermont, we took a boat cruise on Lake Champlaign. The guide pointed out a building on the lake. It was the factory where Blodgett makes their pizza ovens. They had a great location right on the water.

Growing up in NJ, all the pizzerias had the deck style ovens. Those are the short ovens that were usually stacked 3 high. Those ovens produced the best thin crust pizza pies. Now I'm hungry for a slice.

Growing up in NJ, all the pizzerias had the deck style ovens. Those are the short ovens that were usually stacked 3 high. Those ovens produced the best thin crust pizza pies.
Most pizzerias on LI used those ovens too. No doubt the best ovens. Crispy dark on the bottom, soft and chewy center. Some wood fired ovens can duplicate that while adding a nice flavor, but not many seem to use them properly. Burnt crust, cool centers.....