My daughter's parakeet died the other day. We don't know what happened. she was fine all weekend and then on Monday morning I went to uncover her and she had died. I don't have a clue what could have happened. The only thing I can think of was that we were using the kerosene heater in the basement Sunday evening and after turning it off, I noticed the fumes were coming upstairs, so I closed the door to the room that the bird was in. Could the fumes be the cause? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any comments/suggestions anyone can offer.