Death of the Camaro!

glhs837

Power with Control
Is the corvette out of production?
Nope, but will be shifting to the E-ray, which is a hybrid I think. Ah, here it is. Gas V8 drives the rears, what looks to be a 30kwh at most driving the fronts.

What this Camaro news tells me is that they aint making no money on it. Yep, seems they sold less than 25,000 units in all of 2022. Thats not enough to make a decent margin with. A little more than half of the Stang and less than half of the Challenger.

And none of these volumes support enough scale to make money. Ford will of course keep making the Mustang until the heat death of the universe, Dearborn would burn if they stopped. Challengers already dead. Get your muscle cars now, folks.

Clem72

Chevy announces plans to stop manufacturing sporty model - meaning Ford Mustang is only gas-powered muscle car left on sale

• General Motors said it will stop production of the muscle car at the end of 2023
  • The future of the car, which is raced on NASCAR and other circuits, is a bit murky
  • GM claims they may eventually make a new generation of the classic car

I'd like to start seeing NASCAR Style Races with EV's
Wait, that can't be true. Kyle has stated multiple times that muscle cars are what everyone wants/needs. Why would Chevy be going to the Ultium platform and putting out 10+ different models of EV when all they really need to do is make the Camero?

OccamsRazor

What this Camaro news tells me is that they aint making no money on it.
Something tells me that they make PLENTY of money on the sales of these cars. Maybe, just maybe if they were to lower prices to actually be realistic then they would sell more.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
With high-rise handlebars and a banana seat?
My brother had one. Large shifter on bar in front of you. I called it a suicide shifter. Total loss of steering when you tried to shift because of the high-rise bars, and if you stopped short you got your nutz impacted.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
well, I'm hoping for the Schwinn Stingray return.
stingray.jpg

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My brother had one. Large shifter on bar in front of you. I called it a suicide shifter. Total loss of steering when you tried to shift because of the high-rise bars, and if you stopped short you got your nutz impacted.
I had the jr version of that when I was four. Just a coaster.

Upgraded to a 3-speed when I was seven.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Whaaaat? Biking as a kid back in the day was a completely safe activity for youth of the era.

See? I don't EVER recall any /s accidents happening as we all were professional bicycle riders of the times.

1679661710108.png

1679661796770.png

1679661833927.png

1679661887591.png

glhs837

Power with Control
Something tells me that they make PLENTY of money on the sales of these cars. Maybe, just maybe if they were to lower prices to actually be realistic then they would sell more.
You don't end production of cars that are making money. They can't lower prices without losing more. 24k a year simply isn't enough volume to make money even at those price points. They make money on the top end ones like the ZL1, but people don't buy enough of those to keep the line profitable.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I still have my poor kid converted Stingray to BMX. I've bunny hopped over 7 friends +45yrs ago. I was a neighborhood legend, lol

Attachments

• 337837630_750961303313144_2958695209776293909_n.jpg
    337837630_750961303313144_2958695209776293909_n.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 23