Debate Follow On

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CLAIM: Debate moderator Chris Wallace implied that President Donald Trump never condemned white supremacists.

VERDICT: FALSE. President Trump has done so repeatedly, despite what Wallace — and Joe Biden — have suggested.

During the first presidential debate, Wallace challenged President Trump to condemn white supremacists. It was an astonishingly ill-informed — and inflammatory — challenge, and repeated a lie that Biden has told frequently in the campaign.

Trump has condemned white supremacists repeatedly.

As Breitbart News noted in a recent fact check:
ABC News fact-checked Biden, and noted — commendably — that Trump condemned white supremacists after the Charlottesville riots of August 2017, which Biden has also lied about, as well as on other occasions:
Two days after violent clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017 — after first equating violence from white supremacists with those protesting — Trump said, “Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups.”
A month later, the president signed a congressional resolution condemning white supremacy.
In 2019, following shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, Trump said, “In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. ”
“These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul,” he added.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The debate? Trump was great, Chris Wallace was a dreadful disgrace

Wallace should be fired for his wholesale lack of objectivity. He’s become a cut-rate Dan Rather.

Trump made important points, all of which Wallace tried to mitigate: Voter fraud is real and is being perpetrated by Democrats throughout the country.

Biden tried to insist that the violence being visited upon Democrat-run cities across the nation was by white supremacist groups, a total lie that Wallace let stand.

Biden is looking forward to shutting down the economy for COVID and implementing a mask mandate.

Biden is not supported by law enforcement anywhere in the country for obvious reasons and Obamacare was and remains a disaster.

Wallace, a member in good standing of the mainstream media is a handmaiden of the Democrat party in which winning by any means necessary is the rule. Wallace’s bias for Biden was appalling.

Climate change! Who on earth at this moment in time thinks this is an important topic for discussion? No one but the moonbat Greta Thunbergs of the climanistas. No one. Biden’s green new deal would put millions of Americans who work in the fuel industry out of work. The left’s embrace of this nonsense has left California with rolling blackouts. Wallace did not question Biden’s lack of understanding of the impact his green new deal would have on the economy. Wallace was for Biden, not America.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ce_was_a_dreadful_disgrace.html#ixzz6ZW45HDjS
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Chris Wallace is a miserable debate moderator

Chris Wallace was always going to be a terrible choice as a moderator for any of the three presidential debates, let alone the first one, but good God, did he fulfill that destiny with flying colors.

We knew it back in July when Wallace attempted to fact-check President Trump on the accurate claim that former Vice President Joe Biden was on the record committing to defunding police departments. Biden is, in fact, on record committing to that, and yet, Wallace pretended we hadn't heard it with our own ears.

The Fox News anchor was supposed to show up and moderate a debate, with it having expressly been stated that he wouldn't operate as a fact-checker, and yet, that's all he did for at least the first hour of the debate. It got so bad that, at one point, he asked Trump not to interrupt his opponent (there were many fine interruptions on both sides), and when the president asked Wallace to make that same point to Biden, Wallace puffed up his chest to tell Trump that it was actually him doing more interrupting.

That exchange lasted a fully wasted 10 seconds so that Wallace could make a niggling point that viewers didn't care about and that was explicitly untrue.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Two crucial things emerged from the first presidential debate

The short version of the debate is that Biden did well if one ignored that almost every other statement he made was a lie or fantasy; Trump dominated him, almost too aggressively; and Chris Wallace may have been the worst and most obviously biased moderator since Candy Crowley. Most significantly, though, Biden and Trump each made a critical point. Biden’s was a tacit admission that, if he is elected president, he will preside over the end of the filibuster, allowing Democrats to pack the courts and add two new Democrat-majority states. Trump’s point was that he’s holding damning evidence about the Democrats’ coup attempt.

Let’s begin with Biden, whose squirming on court-packing and the filibuster promises the end of the American experiment. Chris Wallace, in one of the few tough questions he posed to Biden, said this:

So my question to you is, you have refused in the past to talk about it, are you willing to tell the American tonight whether or not you will support either ending the filibuster or packing the court?
Biden refused to answer, something the Trump quickly challenged. Here’s the colloquy:

BIDEN: Whatever position I take on that, that’ll become the issue. The issue is the American people should speak. You should go out and vote. You’re voting now. Vote and let your Senators know strongly how you feel.

TRUMP: Are you going to pack the court?

BIDEN: Vote now.

TRUMP: Are you going to pack the court?

BIDEN: Make sure you, in fact, let people know, your Senators.

TRUMP: He doesn’t want to answer the question.

BIDEN: I’m not going to answer the question.

TRUMP: Why wouldn’t you answer that question? You want to put a lot of new Supreme Court Justices. Radical left.

BIDEN: Will you shut up, man?

TRUMP: Listen, who is on your list, Joe? Who’s on your list?

WALLACE: Gentlemen, I think we’ve ended this-

BIDEN: This is so un-Presidential.

TRUMP: He’s going to pack the court. He is not going to give a list.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blo..._first_presidential_debate.html#ixzz6ZW51YFfo
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A hot mess of a debate, and a bad plan by Trump: Goodwin

Overall, Wallace asked generally good questions but was too reticent to ask probing follow-ups. He was especially weak at getting Biden to talk about topics he has ducked during the campaign.

For example, Wallace asked him about whether he supported the move by fellow Dems to expand the Supreme Court. Biden, repeating an answer he has given before, said he wasn’t going to answer, then rambled on, with Trump insisting he should, yet Wallace let Biden get away with it.

Oddly, Biden, after saying the vacancy on the court should not be filled until after the election, stumbled when referring to Trump nominee Amy Coney Barrett. “I’m not opposed to the justice, she seems like a very fine person,” Biden said, which had to make Democrats cringe as they prepare a scorched-earth attack against her.

And on the Green New Deal, Biden took both sides of the issue. In response to a question and Trump’s badgering, he insisted, “That’s not my plan.” But a minute later, he defended it, saying it “will pay for itself over time.”

Then, when Trump pointed out the inconsistency, Biden again said he wasn’t for it. Shades of John Kerry there, who once infamously said he was for an Iraq war spending bill before he was against it.

Those are hot buttons for the progressives Biden has had trouble corralling, and none who were watching could come away thinking he was on their side.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump Smacks Biden Over Gaffes, Education: ‘Don’t Ever Use The Phrase ‘Smart’ With Me’

“A lot of people died, and a lot more are going to die unless he gets a lot smarter, a lot quicker,” Biden said toward the end of one answer.

Wallace turned the floor over to Trump for a response.

“Did you use the word ‘smart?’” Trump asked Biden. “So you said you went to Delaware State, but you forgot the name of your college. You didn’t go to Delaware State. You graduated either the lowest or almost the lowest in your class. Don’t ever use the word ‘smart’ with me. Don’t ever use that word.”

As Trump launched into the attack, Biden began to laugh and said, “Oh give me a break, man.”

“Because you know what? There is nothing more about you. In 47 years, you’ve done nothing,” Trump said, referencing Biden’s tenure in politics. “Let me just tell you something, Joe. If you would have had the charge of what I was put through, I had to close the greatest economy in the history of our country — and, by the way, now it is being built again and it is going up fast.”

The moderator Wallace then stepped in to try to gain control, telling the president that the economy would be a topic of discussion in the next segment.

:killingme

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden instead suggested that a complete move to renewable energy would be the cheaper and more effective option, stumbling over his words and mixing up which number point he was on as he tried to explain himself.

“During our administration and the Recovery Act, I was able, I was in charge, I was able to bring down the cost of renewable energy to cheaper than, or as cheap as coal and gas and oil,” Biden said.

Biden expressed his desire to ban the use of coal and fracking from the Democratic primary debate stage a few months earlier.

“We would work it out. We would make sure it’s eliminated,” Biden said.

Joe Biden Just Promised No Coal Power Plants Will Ever Be Built In America If He Wins

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Joe Biden Falsely Claims Dr. Fauci Never Flip-Flopped On Masks

“Masks make a big difference,” said Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden. “His [Trump’s] own CDC said if we just wore masks between now- if everybody wore masks and social distanced between now and January, we’d probably save up to a hundred thousand lives. It matters.”

“And they’ve also said the opposite,” interjected Trump. “No serious person said the opposite,” Biden fired back.

“Dr. Fauci!” exclaimed Trump, “Dr. Fauci said the opposite.”

“He did not say the opposite,” insisted Biden.

Trump is right. Fauci did flip-flop his stance on the effectiveness of mask wearing. In a “60 Minutes” interview from March, Fauci said with confidence, “Right now, in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks.”

When the interviewer asked if Fauci was sure about this, Fauci reiterated, “There’s no reason people should be walking around with a mask. Wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better, and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not proven to be the perfect protection that people think that it is.”