Decent News Sources

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
So, I see so many bashing other's news sources.

What are you favorite sources? Those you consider unbiased, please.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You never had, nor ever will have, an unbiased news source.

The best that you can hope for is simply for facts to be presented, so you can ignore the direction the article is guiding you and come to your own conclusion.

Hijinx

When it come to politics there is no unbiased news source.
Sometime the Baynet can get a local story correct.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A lot of the bias shows up in what various outlets will report or not report...at least much bias in that as in how they report on whatever subject it is. So liberals hate media outlets that report stories that the liberals don't like and that the liberal-leaning media outlets intentionally ignore. And vice versa.

So I read as many of all of them as I can.

But when it comes to the click-bait garbage sites like Salon, for example, or whatever site it is that Alex Jones runs, they are not "media" nor sources. But some people seem to think they are. Like Colbert or Stewart are newscasters...LMAO...

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A lot of the bias shows up in what various outlets will report or not report...at least much bias in that as in how they report on whatever subject it is. So liberals hate media outlets that report stories that the liberals don't like and that the liberal-leaning media outlets intentionally ignore. And vice versa.

So I read as many of all of them as I can.

But when it comes to the click-bait garbage sites like Salon, for example, or whatever site it is that Alex Jones runs, they are not "media" nor sources. But some people seem to think they are. Like Colbert or Stewart are newscasters...LMAO...

This ^^

You have to roll around because the bias, as Gilligan said, is in what they choose or choose not to report. When I run across something on InfoWars or wherever that sound like, what?? I run it down on the internet and see if anyone credible has the story.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I get most of my news on the drive to and from work, AFR. I occasionally switch over to Steve Harvey to see what they're whining about on that show. The racism is strong there, so it can be very informative.

tommyjo

No matter where you start go read the source material. A quality news source or article will provide links to the "report" they are opining about. If you want to find out what the bias is, if any, go read the info the article is based on.

The majority of "sources" posted on here are nothing more than right wing propaganda sites. The majority of stuff NHboy posts are from left wing propaganda sites. Over the past 8 years, the right wingers news sources have been mostly BS created to denigrate a Democrat President. That will likely switch now. The right wing sites will claim everything is now magically perfect. (Notice how they don't complain about the debt Trump will create or about the obvious flip flops in Trump policy or that all of a sudden its ok to spend gobs of money on infrastructure in order to create jobs?) The left wing sites will claim the world is ending. Neither will be right...just as they aren't now.

If you don't want to be one of the "informed somd.com voters" read the source material. If it isn't linked...look it up on your favorite search engine (something most here are too lazy to do).

limblips

PREMO Member

I stay away from any site Boy and TJ quote. They are excellent bullpoop filters. I really should appreciate them more since they save me the time it would take to research their points. If it comes from them, it is libby bovine guano.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No matter where you start go read the source material. A quality news source or article will provide links to the "report" they are opining about. If you want to find out what the bias is, if any, go read the info the article is based on.

The majority of "sources" posted on here are nothing more than right wing propaganda sites. The majority of stuff NHboy posts are from left wing propaganda sites. Over the past 8 years, the right wingers news sources have been mostly BS created to denigrate a Democrat President. That will likely switch now. The right wing sites will claim everything is now magically perfect. (Notice how they don't complain about the debt Trump will create or about the obvious flip flops in Trump policy or that all of a sudden its ok to spend gobs of money on infrastructure in order to create jobs?) The left wing sites will claim the world is ending. Neither will be right...just as they aren't now.

If you don't want to be one of the "informed somd.com voters" read the source material. If it isn't linked...look it up on your favorite search engine (something most here are too lazy to do).
omg! The queen of the left opines on media bias! Bwa ha ha haaaaaaa

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Why don't you go stick your head in an oven and just bake it?

Seriously. You're a troll and a constant thorn in everyone's side with never a nice thing to say to anyone.

SamSpade

why don't you go stick your head in an oven and just bake it?

Seriously. You're a troll and a constant thorn in everyone's side with never a nice thing to say to anyone.

MOST people I know on here cross-check unusual news stories, and TJ has often mocked or argued EVEN when the source comes from a source he/she considers credible (unlike others here, I have no idea what gender TJ is). We have seen it - taken issue with a story even when it either comes from the AP or is taken from another source.

However -

Some stories won't break on major news outlets - OR - they won't break *until* an overseas outlet embarrasses them with a story, because it's humiliating to have credible foreign news organizations have a story embarrassing to the U.S. that only appears HERE on "propaganda" sites.

I will READ the right wing blogs - but I won't repeat them until the story becomes impossible to ignore. Remember that the Monica story first appeared on "propaganda" sites.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
MOST people I know on here cross-check unusual news stories, and TJ has often mocked or argued EVEN when the source comes from a source he/she considers credible (unlike others here, I have no idea what gender TJ is). We have seen it - taken issue with a story even when it either comes from the AP or is taken from another source.

However -

Some stories won't break on major news outlets - OR - they won't break *until* an overseas outlet embarrasses them with a story, because it's humiliating to have credible foreign news organizations have a story embarrassing to the U.S. that only appears HERE on "propaganda" sites.

I will READ the right wing blogs - but I won't repeat them until the story becomes impossible to ignore. Remember that the Monica story first appeared on "propaganda" sites.

For myself, I am the queen of checking out my stories. I nearly never post anything without siting my sources, and I would say that I never post anything until I know it's being covered by more than a couple of sources. Actually, back in the day - I never read any Monica stories online - until I had seen it mentioned (that it was on the "Drudge Report", which I had never heard of) so many times on the TV (CNN back then, probably). I looked up the Drudge report, and then found all the other news sites I started- following from his site.

Anyway - TJ is just a miserable troll who never has anything nice to say to anyone, and is probably just that way in real life, too.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

this is why the left HATES Rush so much ....
I remember back when Bill was in office, RUSH Hammered EVERYDAY, what the Clinton's were up to
and because of that, they could not Control The Message - thereby the discussion

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
this is why the left HATES Rush so much ....
I remember back when Bill was in office, RUSH Hammered EVERYDAY, what the Clinton's were up to
and because of that, they could not Control The Message - thereby the discussion

That's why they hate Drudge to this day: because he broke the Lewinsky story that Newsweek was sitting on and the rest of them wouldn't touch.