Decolonize Movement - Genocide in other words

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Navajo Nation President Tries to Decolonize the Moon

The president of the Navajo Nation is demanding that NASA delay the scheduled launch of a lunar probe because payloads are believed to include cremated human remains. The United Launch Alliance's Peregrine Mission One, powered by the Vulcan rocket, is scheduled to launch from Cape Canaveral on January 8 as the first commercial robotic landing on the moon. Among the payloads to be delivered to the moon are cremated remains or DNA samples from several actors and personalities in the Star Trek series.

[ clip]

I do have strong feelings on the principle that "President" Nygren is trying to establish.

First, the Executive Order he quotes doesn't come close to saying what he says it does.

(c) This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

He's trying to bulldoze a gutless, feckless White House into creating a precedent that can be used against future administrations.

Coming back to first principles, American Indian tribes are not sovereign governments who are peers of the United States. They are semi-autonomous units of government with limited authority over the land the United States has allowed them to occupy. If they want to continue the pagan worship of puddles and mounds of buffalo chips on their reservations, go for it. When the claim to possession is outside the boundaries of their reservations, shut up. Nygren's bizarre claim that the Navajo have some particular claim to "places that afford views of important areas of land, water, or of the sky and celestial bodies" should be laughed at if for no other reason than it makes everyone in the country observe their superstitions and treat them with respect.

Don't take this as some benign, if eccentric, act by a people dependent upon US subsidies and goodwill for survival. This is an act of "decolonization," a Marxist philosophical concept that seeks to erase the "colonizers," ethnically and culturally...though they seem happy to use the language of my people to bitch about their perceived injustices.

The Navajo have no serious claim to the moon or what goes there. The Executive Order used to bolster this nonsense does not create any legal enforcement mechanism. This is just a power grab.

Last edited:

Clem72

He's trying to bulldoze a gutless, feckless White House into creating a precedent that can be used against future administrations.
Precedent has already been set back in 1998 when Nasa apologized the last time they sent ashes to the moon and their director of public affairs said "I give my commitment that if we ever discuss doing something like this again, we will consult more widely and we will consult with Native Americans.”

They should have told these guys to pound sand the first time, now they are publicly breaking their own promise.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🚀 The Crazy Factor in today’s Space News story is difficult to adequately describe in English. We’ll start with CNN’s outlandish headline yesterday, which surreally stated, “Navajo Nation’s objection to landing human remains on the moon prompts last-minute White House meeting.

image 11.png

The controversy, as I understand it, is that a consortium of private companies have organized a private, commercial, unmanned moon mission that departs in a few days. I’m not exactly sure how private it was, since there seems to be a whole lot of taxpayer money involved. But set that aside. The mission’s main objective is to plant 66 “memorial capsules” containing 66 human beings’ final earthly remains on the lunar surface. Well, their cremated remains.

I am not making any of that up, I promise. I’m not even exaggerating.

Of course, the unique ceremonial mission generated some controversy. Personally, I feel like if people want to pay to get their loved ones’ remains as far away as possible then I say good luck to them. Knock yourselves out. It’s a free country, and free moon and all that. Presumably, if adults in sound mind are willing and able to pay, who should say where they can and can’t send their dead relatives?

The Indians, that’s who.

The 500,000-member strong Navajo Nation objected, and through diplomatic smoke-signal channels appealed directly to the White House, which according to CNN convened a last-minute emergency meeting (in-between Biden’s naps) to discuss the delicate territorial issue. It appears that the Navajos are complaining because they worship the Moon god or something, and the very last thing the Indian Moon god wants is white people’s cremated ashes trashing up the place.

The Navajos aren’t unreasonable. They understand that not everyone worships the Moon god like they do, and realize they have to share the Moon, but they insist there are also important safety issues involved as well. For instance, and I promise I am not making this up, the group demanded to know whether everyone would be okay if somebody sent illegal drugs up into space? Well? How about that?

The executive director for the Navajo Nation’s Washington Office, Justin Ahasteen, asked CNN, “They’re essentially suggesting that you can send anything into space. Does that mean people can send drugs? Does that mean people can send hazardous material? The lack of oversight is, I think, really concerning for the nation.”

He has a point. Who knows what could happen if the cartels got the space aliens hooked on drugs? The cow mutilations and alien abductions are bad enough as it is. We have enough problems and we certainly don’t need any meth-addled aliens driving their flying saucers all over the place under the influence.

Another important discussion to have is, even though no people or animals live there, and no plants grow there, not even bacteria, and though it doesn’t even have an atmosphere, the native Americans are also fretting about preserving the Moon’s natural environment.

“We’re saying: be respectful. We’re turning the moon into a graveyard and we’re turning it into a waste site,” Ahasteen said. “At what point are we going to stop and say we need to start protecting the moon as we do the Grand Canyon?”

The legal and political issues about who owns the Moon are murky at best, a sort of statutory zombie or ash-heap, if you will. Several old space treaties might come into play, but I doubt they ever contemplated lunar burials. What seems manifestly clear is that the EPA’s broad jurisdiction might be pervasive enough to reach a fresh puddle in your backyard, but their grandest dreams of micromanaging Americans still fall far short of the lunar surface.

And then there are economic implications to consider. Banning corpse launches in the U.S. would simply push the funereal space industry to other hated countries, like Russia. The Russians would probably launch corpses at the Moon in a New York second. The Moon is a whole new frontier, a Wild West as it were, and it appears once again to be the manifest destiny of deceased settlers to occupy the Earth’s closest neighbor. It’s tragic for the Navajo, who must be feeling like it’s just one damned thing after another in this country.

First Montana, and now the Moon.

Maybe the government will setup a space reservation for them, on Mercury or Pluto or someplace. Wait, is Pluto still a planet? Or is it just an asteroid again? Honestly I can’t keep up. What do you suggest could help negotiate a peace treaty with the Navajos over the Moon so all people can banish their deceased relatives into space?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why are there even any white people still there.

Stupidity ....

I Get it your family lived some where for several generations, settled an area had a successful farm but once the Marxists ProBlacks take over and you see the country going to shite ... especially by the 90's or 2000's rampant inflation

TIME TO LEAVE