Deer Bones

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Many years ago, (I'd say 25), my wife was driving down rt 235 and the car in front of her hit a deer. Being the kind sweet soul that she is, she stopped. The driver, whom I knew, was quite shook up. The deer was thrashing around, severely injured. My goes back, gets her hunting knife and slits the deer's throat. When the deputy showed up, he asked who did it. My wife said that she did. He thanked her immensely because if he shot it, it was a ridiculous amount of paperwork. Yup, I got me a good woman, :yahoo:
I'll bet you treat her like a queen or sleep with one eye open... :yay:

Grumpy

I wish her luck.

When one died from a car strike at my place in Leonardtown they basically said, it was my problem, not theirs.
^that...Had a deer die on my property, wife called the county and the woman said 'thats your deer'..Bigun, too, was a pain to bury it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
^that...Had a deer die on my property, wife called the county and the woman said 'thats your deer'..Bigun, too, was a pain to bury it.
Had to bury a pony once. After hours of getting nowhere, I called in a backhoe.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My buddy hit one back in the 90s with a little lifted Toyota and got some bystanders to help him load it up. It was a stocky spike and had some huge hind quarters. We ate on that thing all winter. Stew, chili, roasts...

Grumpy

Freezer meat. No way to salvage it?
My lot slopes, and the deer was behind a big canopy of branches on a tree so I couldn't see it from my deck. Looked out one day, and the side hill was covered with about a dozen vultures. That's when I discovered it, probably there for a day or 2. Never been a hunter, wouldn't know the first thing about skinning a deer. Growing up, all my friends hunted but it never interested me.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My lot slopes, and the deer was behind a big canopy of branches on a tree so I couldn't see it from my deck. Looked out one day, and the side hill was covered with about a dozen vultures. That's when I discovered it, probably there for a day or 2. Never been a hunter, wouldn't know the first thing about skinning a deer. Growing up, all my friends hunted but it never interested me.
Eating road kill is one thing, but if you have to run the buzzards off, it's too late to save. :dead:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I hit a buck back in the mid 90's on Rt 231. Destroyed the rental van (loaded and on our way to NY). Couple of guys stopped right away and asked for it, told they it was theirs right after the police report got filed. Cop didn't want me to drive back to Lex Park with a broken windscreen, but I persuaded him into it.

Grumpy

I hit a buck back in the mid 90's on Rt 231. Destroyed the rental van (loaded and on our way to NY). Couple of guys stopped right away and asked for it, told they it was theirs right after the police report got filed. Cop didn't want me to drive back to Lex Park with a broken windscreen, but I persuaded him into it.
Only time I hit was about 1/2 mile from my house, never had a prayer of missing him. Funny thing is, that was the only vehicle that I have ever had that had deer whistles on it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Most people install them wrong, at angles that could never work, but there is no way to prove if they ARE working, being outside human hearing range.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You should move the deer crossing signs further down the road, away from your property.
Marijuana deer.jpg