Deer Hunting at St. Marys State Park

navy_hower

Hey all. Im brand new here and I am not even in Maryland yet. Im moving up shortly from VA. I was just curious if anyone had any info or experience deer hunting in St. Marys state park. I see its 2200 acres which is a large piece of land. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

limblips

PREMO Member
Hey all. Im brand new here and I am not even in Maryland yet. Im moving up shortly from VA. I was just curious if anyone had any info or experience deer hunting in St. Marys state park. I see its 2200 acres which is a large piece of land. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I haven't hunted St Marys park, but I used to hunt The Elms (south of the base off 235). I was very successful down there but last I knew the Enviro Education Center closed more of it to hunting. (I won't go into my tirade on this issue). There is still good land down there but archery season is the best. Also, there is a lot of public land available in Calvert, St Marys, and Charles. There are a ton of deer in SOMD so go get 'em!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Yes, please go get them. I'm seeing more and more on the roadsides (both dead and alive) than I've ever seen in my life.

navy_hower

Thanks all for getting back to me. I did see the Elms state land when I was looking online. It looked like a lot fo it was some kind of something off limits to hunting. Thanks for the info on public land in all those counties. I move up there to start work soon. Im going to Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant. Anyway, after I settle in, Ill start exploring and looking for places to hunt. Thanks all for your help.

limblips

PREMO Member
Thanks all for getting back to me. I did see the Elms state land when I was looking online. It looked like a lot fo it was some kind of something off limits to hunting. Thanks for the info on public land in all those counties. I move up there to start work soon. Im going to Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant. Anyway, after I settle in, Ill start exploring and looking for places to hunt. Thanks all for your help.

Calvert Cliffs State Park allows hunting too. I have been successful there too. It has a quota per day for hunters so the shotgun opening day is tough but archery is wide open.