Tropical

Attachments

• DSCF1292.jpg
    DSCF1292.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 148

mamatutu

mama to two
or........stories

We were woken up at 6 this morning with 5 gun shots. My hub says the first 3 were misses, and the last two did the deer in. So close to our house, and not so great hunter :jet: We have deer in our yard every day, and if they killed one of my deer, I will be sad. But, I know my hub is right because if the deer pop is not under control, it would be bad for crops and accidents.

Edit: I grew up on venison and wild turkey cuz dad and bros were hunters. Actually, got sick of eating wild game. Then I married a guy that went on two week hunting trips in CO on horseback to shoot elk; so can't get away from it. Even though, I am a soft heart, it will certainly come in handy to have these men around me, if the world starts coming to an end! :smile:

Last edited:

NextJen

Raisin cane
Here's one I came across on Skyline drive one day when I was hiking on a trail. I almost walked right by him without seeing him.

Attachments

• deer[1].jpg
    deer[1].jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 204

Roman

Here's a deer picture with a story. Read carefully.
That is just TOO funny! Thanks for the laugh.! Bay Kat, the Water Dog seems to be ashamed of herself, but what a cute Photo. I'd use that picture for Christmas Cards this year.!!

NextJen

Raisin cane
Fallow Deer in Upper Marlboro

Here's some fallow deer that used to regularly come through my neighborhood when I lived in Upper Marlboro.

Attachments

• fallow deer.jpg
    fallow deer.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 153
  • fallow deer1.jpg
    fallow deer1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 131
  • fallow deer2.jpg
    fallow deer2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 167
  • fallow deer3.jpg
    fallow deer3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 127
Nomoney puts up lighted deer decorations for the holidays... they neighbors sure do get pissy about it though...

Attachments

• rednecklawndeeratchristmas.jpg
    rednecklawndeeratchristmas.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 125

DEEKAYPEE8569

or........stories

1). A few years back, I was following a Toyota 4 Runner on 249, about 4 lengths back, when a buck bolts out of the woods, head down, and runs into the back of the Toyota. CRACK! Antler pieces everywhere; and what remained of the guy's rear bummper cover. THAT buck had a headache.

2). Driving down Indian Bridge Road one night after 10, out of the corner of my eye I see a buckface; not duckface; for a split second; as clear as day, out the driver-side window. Had to change the ol' shorts after that one.